PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out a C25K routine!

Twoboos
01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I started C25K. There is a 5k I *AM* doing on APril 18. (Note this is "I AM doing," not "I'm trying to do"! :cheerleader1:)

ANyway, somehow I can't figure out how to work in the schedule w/my other workouts. I've been doing spinning and yoga, and I like both classes. But since you're supposed to take a day off in between c25k sessions, I can't figure out how to fit them both in.

Sun - yoga
Mon - c25k
T - rest
W - Spin (If I miss a space in class, I will c25k)
Th - rest
Fr - c25k
Sat - rest

I guess I could do the same c25k on the following monday, and then start new on the Fri? and then rotate through - do three sessions, then start the new one whatever day it falls on. (Hoping Spin still works up my stamina if nothing else.)

Help?! This is making my head hurt!

npace19147
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't think you have to have a rest day in between cardio sessions, you just don't want to run two days in a row. So you can spin one day and run the next. That's what I've been doing the last week - I'm restarting C25k for a 5k in March and then Race for the Cure. So I spin at the gym and run at home. It's not easy but b/c they use different muscles so far so good.

GL!

egoldber
01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
:yeahthat:

You want to do yoga the day after because you may be sore and it will help you stretch those muscles. (It will be painful but it will help.)

Also, I think you really need to run 3 days a week if you want to run a 5K in April.

Twoboos
01-13-2010, 09:16 AM
So maybe my schedule should look like this:

Sun - yoga
Mon - rest
T - c25k
W - Spin (If I miss a space in class, then something else)
Th - c25k
Fr - rest (or add'l yoga)
Sat - c25k

eeesh, that t/w/th looks baaaad.

I wonder if I'm just going to have to ditch the spinning?? Trying to avoid that.

LBW
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
You could also do yoga and C25K on the same day if you have time. I often did my 30 minutes of C25K and another 30-45 minutes of weight training on the same day.