PDA

View Full Version : Wii for exercise?

mommy111
01-13-2010, 01:32 AM
I remembered some moms here saying they used it. Do you like it? What programs do you use? Can it replace the gym?
I'm thinking about getting one if its really great!

TwinFoxes
01-13-2010, 08:04 AM
If you're going to the gym now, I doubt you'd want to stop if you got Wii Fit. But if you're not currently working out, I think it's a good way to get you up and moving. I used mine a LOT for a long stretch, but then we went on vacation, and I never got back in the groove. But I like it.

EA Active is a game for Wii that is a much better workout than Wii Fit. I think you could burn some serious calories with it. Wii Fit is more like a series of games, Wii Active is a cardio workout.:43:

EllasMum
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
I like my Fit quite a lot. Especially the yoga/stretching. I typically do about 20 min of 'free' aerobics, a few of the strength exercises, and 10-15 min of yoga. I have never worked out at a gym, so I have nothing for comparison, but I do find I am MUCH more flexible and it helped me lose about 10 pounds in maybe 3 months (? without diet modification).

boolady
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I've been doing the 30-day challenge on EA Active, and I think it's a decent workout. It varies the exercises/cardio and incrementally increases the level for you. I like it.