PDA

View Full Version : City restrictions for bounce house?

elektra
01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Has anyone had a bounce house in their yard?
Do you have to clear it with anyone to do it?
I am hosting a friend's 35th birthday party at my house next weekend and she wants to have a bounce house. It is more of an adult party (my friend is single with no kids) but there will be a few kids there, including my friend's nieces and nephew.
She asked me if I knew what my city's restrictions were on such things. I have no idea.
There isn't a home owners association where I live and I technically don't even live in a city but rather unincorporated county land. So I'm assuming that I am in the clear. But how would I know?

elektra
01-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Ok, now she is saying she wants this for the adults! Not sure I really want a bunch of drunk adults breaking their necks in a bounce house at my house. hmmm.......

TwinFoxes
01-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Ok, now she is saying she wants this for the adults! Not sure I really want a bunch of drunk adults breaking their necks in a bounce house at my house. hmmm.......

So funny, the minute I read this I KNEW it was for the grownups! It was kind of the hipster thing to do a few years ago before my friends started having kids. But to answer your question, the place you rent them from may know. Or google your town and bouncy house regulations and see what comes up.

egoldber
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
IME, the bounce house places are fairly picky about where they will set up.

TwinFoxes
01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
IME, the bounce house places are fairly picky about where they will set up.

Wow, really? What are their requirements? My experience is in California, and people have them wherever, front yard, back yard, parks, by a lake, wherever there's electricity and a flat surface. My friend who had one for her birthday in her front yard, also had one at her wedding (it was probably the most expensive wedding I've ever been to, there was a lot of crazy fun stuff.).

egoldber
01-13-2010, 08:34 AM
There needs to be certain clearances from objects, etc. I'm not sure what the exact issues are, but I know 2 neighbors who had problems finding a place where they would set it up.

lfp2n
01-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I was going to rent one from our local kids museum and apart from usual restrictions on position ( flat, enough clearance of trees etc), you had to show a copy of your home owners insurance, which excluded a lot of renters who don't have extensive insurance.

kristenk
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm guessing that requirements vary widely from state to state and city to city. We rented one for DD's 4th birthday party. I didn't even think to question whether there were city restrictions or not. The rental company asked where we wanted to set up and didn't have a problem with where we wanted to place it. They didn't ask to see any sort of paperwork or anything, as far as I remember. I'm sure we signed some sort of release as part of the rental agreement.