PDA

View Full Version : MA in Odyssey question about installing as upright as possible FF

HIU8
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Ok, DS is about to outgrow his MA. He sits FF in the drivers side 2nd row captains chair. Right now the MA is installed as upright as I could get it (the seatback of the captains chair is not totally upright b/c I could not get the base to sit flat on the seat when it was). Has anyone been able to install a FF MA in an Odyssey captains chair with the seatback all the way in the upright position? If I can do that I could probably get another several months out of the seat and not have to switch DS into something else until the summer (he is now just below the top slots by not much more than a hair--had a growth spurt in the last couple of weeks). Is there something I did not do, that I can do, to get the seat to install in a totally upright captains chair?

o_mom
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Hmmm... I guess try it with it upright and see. Not sure what else to do. Are your seatbelts mounted on the chair or the wall? If on the wall, maybe try sliding the seat forward or backward (I wouldn't put it completely forward if you don't have to, but halfway forward compared to all the way back) and see if that changes the seatbelt angle so you can pull it down to the seat more. Try making sure the base is back far enough before you start so that it is down in the 'crease' of the seat... you may have to recline it a bit first, buckle and semi-tighten, then really push the seat upright... sometimes a second pair of hands can help.