PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal flu shot question

mikeys_mom
01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
My 10.5 month old twins are scheduled to get their second dose of the seasonal flu shot this afternoon. They both had a short lived stomach flu on Friday - each vomited twice over the course of 1 hour. No other symptoms and they were acting fine afterwards.

Since Sunday they have both been having pretty runny poops. Not quite diarrhea, but for sure not solid. They are pooping a bit more frequently than usually but not constantly.

I am waiting for a call back from my doctor to see whether she thinks it is ok to give the shot today or if I should reschedule.

I really hope she says it is ok to come in because it would be great to just get it over with and I have already arranged with MIL to meet me with the twins at the Dr.

What do you all think? Would you give the shot in this situation?

lizzywednesday
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Do they have a fever and do they feel like cr@p?

If they are running a temp & feel like cr@p, then no.
If they seem to be fine and don't have a fever or runny noses, go ahead.

mikeys_mom
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
No fever. They are fine, happy and acting like themselves.

lizzywednesday
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
No fever. They are fine, happy and acting like themselves.

Usually the restrictions say if you have a fever or other cold/flu symptoms not to go for the vax.

It sounds like your kids are OK.

I didn't think that loose stools were necessarily a symptom of infection, but maybe more closely related to something they ate.

mikeys_mom
01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Great, thanks!

Just heard back from the Dr that it is fine to bring them in. So relieved that I don't have to reschedule.