PDA

View Full Version : What to do with DS2's room

hillview
01-13-2010, 03:57 PM
So as some of you know, DS2 slept in DS1's room last night in his new toddler bed. Assuming this continues to go well what would you do with DS2's room? Keep it for DS? Move DS2 totally into DS1's room (eg clothes etc)? They have a playroom downstairs on kitchen level.
Thanks!
/hillary

hillview
01-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Bump? Any thoughts? Anyone BTDT?
/hillary

MoJo
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I have several friends whose kids go through "we want to room together" and then "we want want our own rooms" phases alternately, usually for several months (but not years) at a time. Their homes are big enough that they pretty much let them do this, and they move beds as the kids request.

So I'd say don't make any permanent plans for the "spare" bedroom for at least several months.

o_mom
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Does DS2 still nap? If so, I would actually think about moving DS1's 'stuff' into the other room. I can't tell you how many times I would get DS2 down for a nap and then DS1 would need a new shirt/pants/underwear or something of his that was in their shared room.

AnnieW625
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd leave DS2s room alone, it could be a phase. It would be easier to keep his toys and such in there just to keep things separate.

kristac
01-14-2010, 12:52 PM
We moved all of DS2's stuff to DS1's room because I wanted him to feel like it was his room too and I didn't want DS1 saying "well it's MY room so...." So we made it clear that it was now "thier" room.