PDA

View Full Version : When would you get nervous/angry about an esty order?

blisstwins
01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I ordered something the second week on December (custom order) and was told it would ship right after Christmas. About a week ago I inquired (I initiated) and she said her family had been sick around the holidays and she would let me know when she ships. I don't want to be a jerk and things happen, but I am annoyed that she didn't notify me of the delay and that when the item will arrive is totally open-ended. What do you think? What is reasonable in terms of my expectations.

o_mom
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I ordered something the second week on December (custom order) and was told it would ship right after Christmas. About a week ago I inquired (I initiated) and she said her family had been sick around the holidays and she would let me know when she ships. I don't want to be a jerk and things happen, but I am annoyed that she didn't notify me of the delay and that when the item will arrive is totally open-ended. What do you think? What is reasonable in terms of my expectations.

A week before the dispute deadline from whatever payment you used is reasonable. At that point, send one last message, with return reciept if possible, letting them know that you will be filing a dispute for your own protection. Tell them that you will be happy to close the dispute if you get your order, but you cannot wait any longer and be protected.

arivecchi
01-13-2010, 05:00 PM
A week before the dispute deadline from whatever payment you used is reasonable. At that point, send one last message, with return reciept if possible, letting them know that you will be filing a dispute for your own protection. Tell them that you will be happy to close the dispute if you get your order, but you cannot wait any longer and be protected.:yeahthat: You can also report them to ETSY as a non-delivered item. That will get their attention. I had this exact problem and that was the one thing that caused the seller to react. Before that she kept giving me excuses. Make sure to leave negative feedback to warn others.

blisstwins
01-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Would you guys be worried at this point or am I overreacting? She has exceelent feedback from everyone else?

arivecchi
01-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Mine had excellent feedback when I ordered and then all of a sudden she started getting negative feedback from a lot of people. How long has it been? 3 weeks? I'd say you are not overreacting. Most Etsy sellers are very quick and/or have good communication with their customers and your seller is neither.

missym
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
After getting strung along for over a month by an Etsy seller with 100% positive feedback (littleloveletters - hope it's not the same shop), I wouldn't be too lenient with her. She has your money, right? I'd give her one chance to send you a shipping confirmation # by x date, and if she doesn't, report her to Etsy.

(But I'm admittedly grumpy from my own experience. :wink2:)

Momof3Labs
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm stuck in a similar situation - bought a ready-to-ship item at the end of November, paid by check (only form the seller took - his feedback was excellent, so I wasn't too worried, and it was less than $20), still didn't have it by Christmas. Seller took days to respond to my e-mail over the holidays, and responded that it was sent to the wrong person and he'd get it sent straight to me. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Last Friday I gave him an ultimatum (politely) that I have been more than patient, and I either wanted my money back or my item by this Friday. I haven't heard anything since that ultimatum but am grudgingly giving him until Friday. If I haven't received anything, I'm filing a complaint with etsy.

In your case, I'd write back and ask for a shipping estimate. If she still leaves it open-ended, then maybe start looking into your dispute options. But if it is going to be, say, another week, it might be worth just waiting.

blisstwins
01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I am trying to take the holidays into account. I don't think I would be upset if she had contacted me to advise of the delay. I checked in with her and did not want to be pushy, but she was so light about letting me know when it would ship when she was done, that I did not get the impression she was sorry for anxious for the delay. It is 1/13 and I know it has not shipped. This is not close to just after Christmas as originally promised.