PDA

View Full Version : 10 days late, not pregnant..Should I worry?

Bens Momma
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
AF always comes on time or when I've been late it's only been by a day or two. I'm 10 days late and I've taken 3 preg. tests, all came back negative. I know being very active/athletic can affect cycles, but that is NOT my case! I feel fine, but I'm starting to worry that something could be wrong. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

Thanks-
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

elephantmeg
01-13-2010, 07:08 PM
have you changed BCP recently? I totally missed a period and wasn't pregnant when I did that. It was the 4th time I had changed pills and it had never happened to me before.

MoJo
01-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I think there are lots of things that can cause it. I'd recommend seeing a doctor.

My cycle is much more irregular, but when I went too long without a period and wasn't pregnant, we discovered that I had a tumor on my pituitary. The tumor was affecting my hormones and therefore stopping my cycle. It sounds MUCH scarier than it was; it is now 100% gone with just taking medicine to treat it.

They suspected the tumor right away; a blood test for prolactin confirmed elevated levels and an MRI confirmed the size/shape/location of the tumor.

It's not anything to worry about, but not something you want to let go, either.

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Have you gained weight? Maybe it is throwing off your cycle? PCOS is like a cycle for me- gain weight, have more PCOS symptoms (including irregular periods). Of course, PCOS can cause weight gain so I don't know which comes first. I'd go in in a few weeks for a basic metabolic panel to check thyroid and other hormone levels to see if they have anything to do with it.

Stress and illness can be culprits too.

Beth

mommylamb
01-13-2010, 07:29 PM
What kind of birth control are you on? I was on depo for a while (the shot-- it's awful), and my period went away entirely (as did my sex drive-- glad that's done.)