PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling question

czekit7
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
We rec'd a few of those flannel receiving blankets from the hospital, which seem to be a little bigger than the ones from the store. Question is: With the colder weather we're having (0 degrees to 25 degrees), how many blankets would you swaddle with? I napped with John this morning, in two receiving blankets and then the light blanket on my bed (I was awake the entire time), and he was sweaty when he woke. When he's in his bassinet, are two swaddler/receiving blankets too much? (without my body heat next to him)

wendibird22
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
What's the temp of your house?

I live in W NY and it's been in the teens and 20's for weeks now. Our house is heated to 70deg even at night and DD2 (1mo) sleeps in a long sleeve onesie and a cotton blanket or cotton swaddle me. She seems comfortable.

hehateme
01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
We live in Minnesota. We were well below 0 for a week so our home is climate controlled. We keep the temperature at 70 degrees all year. So our little on wears a cotton onsie, cotton pajamas and a fleece sleep sack.

Over heating is a much bigger risk than under heating. Recommendation I have read in books is to dress the baby just like adults and add one more layer.

citymama
01-14-2010, 07:05 PM
We used to do cotton short sleeve onesie, cotton footed sleeper and 2 flannel swaddling blankets during an East Coast winter. Always 2 swaddling blankets - that gets the right snug fit.