PDA

View Full Version : Nydj....

Melaine
01-13-2010, 09:52 PM
I found several pairs of Not Your Daughter's Jeans at Ross on CLEARANCE. Tragically, none were my size. Although I was able to squeeze into a size 2, which showed me why you guys all like them so much....deceptively large sizing! But I'm so sad because they were $16.99 and I love the style but they had size 2 and size 8 and I must belong somewhere in between.

So, I'm guessing they run big, but do you find the sizing consistent with this brand? I would love to find some that would work, but shopping for jeans with the girls is torture. Just wondering if I will be safe looking for 6's....

And where else can I look? TJ Maxx and Marshall's? Anyone seen them there lately? Anything else I should know about these? Thanks....

catpagmo
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
You can try Nordstrom Rack. They typically carry them, too.

As far as how they run, I think they stretch out a lot when you wear them. So, I would size down.

Globetrotter
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Why do you think I wear them? There's nothing like fitting into a size 4 :love-retry:

Melaine
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys.....we don't have Nordstroms around here. If they stretch a lot the 2 might actually work. If I could just lose 5 more lbs I would be golden....

jenfromnj
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Nordstrom usually has them included in their semi-annual sales--I got a few pairs for more than half off a couple of months ago. I agree, they definitely stretch a LOT--the pair that was slightly tight on you would probably be ok after a little wear. (And, I hate you just a little for being a size 2--even in NYDJ that's not happening for me, probably ever again!) The sizing also isn't all that consistent from style to style--I have few pairs of the boot cut/straight leg/flare type styles that run significantly smaller than the trouser styles I have. They are great jeans though, among the only ones I've found that aren't so low cut I fear bending down when DS drops something in public :).

kozachka
01-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Have you checked online? I am not sure what jeans size corresponds to size 6, you can check for yourself if 6PM (http://www.6pm.com/search/clothing/filter/productTypeFacet/%22Clothing%22/gender/%22womens%22/categoryFacet/%22Bottoms%22/subCategoryFacet/%22Jeans%22/brandNameFacet/%22Not+Your+Daughters+Jeans%22) has your size.

Melaine
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
My mom went back and found the size 2 pair that I tried on had been reduced to $12, so she snatched them for me. I might have to lose another 5lbs for them to really fit right, but I am working on that anyway. (I've lose 10-12 lbs since Thanksgiving)

YAY!