PDA

View Full Version : Facebook question

deborah_r
01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm a little addicted to Cafe World at the moment. I "became a fan" and then I started getting friend requests from people I don't know. They put "Cafe World" in the comments. Can I friend them and block them from everything else? It is a cool idea because these Zynga applications don't let you do certain stuff until you have a certain number of neighbors, but I feel weird about even having them appear in my friend list.

kristenk
01-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Yep, you can block access. I'd set up a group labeled Cafe World and get the privacy settings you want in place for that group. Remember that photo albums operate on their own privacy settings, so you need to get that set up for photos, too. After that, when you accept a new Cafe friend, you can put them directly in your group. While you're getting the privacy settings set up for the group, it's a good idea to put a current friend in the group. If you do that, there's an option to see your info as "friend" would. Then you'd be able to see what your Cafe friends would see. Don't know how much sense that made. I'm off to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow if you need any help getting everything set up.

deborah_r
01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
So I tried this but couldn't figure it out. Can I get more details?

Andi98989
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Click on Friends at the top of the screen (between Profile and Inbox). On the lower left side of the screen under the Lists heading, click Friends again. Click the Create New List button. Enter in the name of your new list and select the friends that you want to be on that list. Once you have them all selected, click Create List.

Now if you go into your Privacy Settings, you can customize the settings and choose to hide things from members of a list while keeping it visible to others.

kristenk
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
When I was setting up a list, I created the list with just my husband as the sole member. I was able to tweak all of my settings and make sure my privacy settings were right *before* adding anyone. When I added friends, I was able to select the group to put them in as I added them as friends, so at no point were they able to access anything that I didn't want them to.

Make sure to go to your photos, too. Underneath ______'s Albums, there should be a clickable link for Album Privacy. Click the link and then you can block your new group from seeing any of your albums.

deborah_r
01-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Now if you go into your Privacy Settings, you can customize the settings and choose to hide things from members of a list while keeping it visible to others.

This is the part I've been having trouble with. I will try again. Thanks.