PDA

View Full Version : which "smartphone" do you have???

newmomto1
01-14-2010, 01:31 AM
And what are your likes and dislikes about it????

GaPeach_in_Ca
01-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I have a (Motorola) Droid, on verizon. I like pretty much everything about it. I especially like the voice search and navigation (turn by turn, voice). I'm posting from it right now! The screen is fantastic, also. My favorite ap is probably pandora, which isn't droid specific. I'm testing out the swype keyboard right now, and that's pretty cool, too!
I really couldn't be happier with it

BarbieSmith
01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
love, love, LOVE my Droid (not the Droid Eris) on Verizon. The (free) Navigation works only 90% as well as VZNavigator, but other than that (and the fact that I keep pressing buttons I shouldn't be), I am in LOVE. I have probably installed over 200 apps (and uninstalled about 1/2) so I have spent a lot of time really customizing my phone to where I love it. My toddlers use it a LOT, I have about 30 apps for them.

If you like T-mobile, the Nexus One is very, very, very similar - you will have to wait a few weeks for it.

And of course the iPhone on ATT.

Cheburashka
01-14-2010, 09:56 AM
iPhone, AT&T. I love the iPhone, I hate AT&T. Every time I see any news about the iPhone and the network, I'm always hoping to hear that Verizon is going to get the iPhone too. AT&T's network is so terrible, and the way they've been handling the network problem is so skeevy (oh, we have a lot of users on the network? time to consider charging extra for getting on the network outside of phone calls!).

However, I live in a military town, not near any major cities that would supposedly have more towers and better network support, so YMMV with AT&T's network. I only had my phone for two months in Dallas before I moved, so I don't feel like this is really representative, but the network did seem to run smoother in Dallas. Fewer dropped calls, faster load times - but again, YMMV.

... Oh, right, the actual smartphone itself.... I like it. There's a lot of apps for just about everything, and for awhile the commercials would spotlight really good apps (urbanspoon, for example). I used to have a list of problems, but Apple has done a good job in fixing the problems. I like being able to use it to play music or watch movies after the baby has fallen asleep on me and I don't feel like moving her. The sound quality is so-so, but it is a phone, so that's to be expected.

mommylamb
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
I have a blackberry, but it's my work phone. Works well- no real complaints. If the iphone were on verizon, we probably would have gotten those instead since my office uses Macs for everything else. But, when I travel for work, I typically travel in areas where AT&T has crap service.

hellokitty
01-14-2010, 10:22 AM
DH already had a sprint acct when we got new phones, so we went with the palm pre. LOVE IT! It is very compact for a smartphone, but has all of the bells and the whistles. DH really wanted an iphone, but AT&T has a horrible signal here. Now that we have the palm pre, we are so glad we have it. DH has played with his friends' iphones and droids and still thinks the pre is really good. I still think that the, "leg up" it has from many of the other smart phones is that it is not as big. For me, this is my first, "fancy" phone and I thought it would be a PITA to figure it out, but it has been extremely user friendly.

lilycat88
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Motorola Droid on Verizon. Love it.

lablover
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Droid here too. I'm happy with it.

bigpassport
01-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Palm Pre (Sprint). Love it. I can check my 3 email accounts, BBB and Facebook on my Pre faster than I can get my laptop to boot up. You can have up to 7 (I think) screens open, so you can flip from a text message to facebook to email to ebook, etc. without having to get out of one and open another. Screen resolution is great. Haven't really used apps. Dislikes: Very smudgy, no MSN Messenger app, power adaptor plug-in is very fragile. Overall, I'm extremely happy with it especially considering I was reluctant to get data in the first place.

Twin Mom
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Just got the iphone and I love it. I haven't had any real coverage issues with AT&T (had AT&T before I switched to the iphone) so I guess that really depends on where you live.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the battery life is short. It hasn't been a real problem since I charge it in my car or when I get home at night but you definitely have to charge it every day.

kozachka
01-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I used Blackberry Curve 8300 (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8300/)when I was employed, and I loved it. What smartphone would work for you would greatly depend on what provider has a good signal in your area, and how you plan to use your smartphone.

Zansu
01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I have a Palm Treo now and am waiting verrrry impatiently for the Palm Pre Plus release for Verizon on Jan 25th.

daniele_ut
01-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Blackberry Curve for work. I have zero complaints about my BB and no complaints about Verizon. When I had Sprint and an HTC Touch Pro, however, I had nothing but complaints.

codex57
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Blackberry Curve 8330 on Sprint. It's ok. Works on a Mac. Wish the screen is bigger, but don't want the size to get bigger so I guess it's a good compromise.

I guess the only real improvement I want is a sharper screen (which exists on newer BBs) and faster internet speed (rev A vs the rev 0 on this phone)

Karenn
01-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm another one who loves her droid.

vludmilla
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
iphone. I like it. Probably don't use it enough to justify the expense but it is super handy at times. the coverage is not a problem in NYC area, for me, at least. I agree that battery life is a pain. I have an extra battery power thingy and that helps A LOT.