PDA

View Full Version : Swing Set

happi
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
We are looking for a swingset for our son. What swingset would you recommend getting? I don't mind to pay for a good quality set, but we only have 1 child and don't want to pay thousands of dollars. Any recommendations would be great.
Thanks
Happi

LoveBeingMrs
01-17-2010, 08:13 AM
My DH and I just put together our Graco Sweetpeace swingset yesterday, and we love it! It's just so cute to look at, and has lots of great features. One of the most important selling points for me was that it comes with an AC adapter, so we don't have to waste $ on batteries! Another is that it's compatible with Graco infant seats, so we could use it with the normal seat or our car seat. It has a bunch of other cool features: you can hook up your MP3, position the seat in different directions, and different reclining positions. Plus, when you take the seat out, you can also use it as a rocker (I plan on doing this when I need to take a quick shower)! All in all, it's super cute and we can't wait to use it with our DC!!! :p

deannanb
01-17-2010, 09:45 AM
are you asking about an infant swing - or a backyard set?

Tondi G
01-17-2010, 07:08 PM
if your DH is handy you could build your own wooden one with specs and hardware from a site like this. You just pick out your own lumber from home depot.

http://www.byoswingset.com/completekits.html

I remember hearing ok things about a Disney set that sold at Home Depot... it was 700 or 800 dollars I think

Costco and Sams sell pretty good sets too. usually around $1200 in the warehouse. Costco has the Sunray made by Rainbow and Sams sells the playaround by Cedarworks.