PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the 'when your DC weaned' thread!

ourbabygirl
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I've been doing searches in the lounge & the kid feeding sections, but can't seem to find it. Just wanted to read through the kids' ages of those who responded to the thread.
I think it was from sometime this winter or maybe last fall/ summer?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

AnnieW625
01-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Can't help, but why don't we just start a new thread!

I started weaning my daughter at 3 mos. (I eliminated one feeding per week) and she was fully weaned 1 week before she turned 4 mos. old. It wasn't what I had planned to do, but I had milk supply issues and was returning to work. I couldn't pump more than an oz. or two to begin with during each session (even with a hospital grade pump) so it didn't make sense for me to go through the hassle of pumping at work. DD continued to be very healthy and had no issues taking a bottle.

MoJo
01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Don't know the original thread either.

DD weaned at 17 mos, because I was pregnant and the pain was making nursing a traumatic experience for both of us. (Otherwise, I had intended to nurse her through this cold/flu season).

Thankfully, I was able to do a once-every-other-day nursing schedule for a few weeks, which lessened the pain and allowed us to end nursing on a good note.

Clarity
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
DD1 weaned at 16 months. DD2 is still nursing at 16 months. She seems to have no intention on weaning anytime soon.

missym
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Here's the thread, but it's always fun to see new responses!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=327757&highlight=long+breastfeed

Clarity
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Here's the thread, but it's always fun to see new responses!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=327757&highlight=long+breastfeed

Missy, how did you find it? I find the search function more difficult than when we were on the old board. (my only complaint)

missym
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Missy, how did you find it? I find the search function more difficult than when we were on the old board. (my only complaint)

I did an advance search by title only for long breastfeed - figuring the title might be "How long did you breastfeed" or something like that. HTH!

ourbabygirl
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
YOU ROCK! Thank you so much! I knew there was a poll, too, so I'm glad you were able to find it. :)

ETA Thanks, Annie, MoJo, & Clarity for responding, too :-)!

hobie
01-14-2010, 01:07 PM
DS#1 and #2: 15 months (twins)

DS#3: 2.5 years (only stopped because of meds I had to take...he was not very happy about it, and still asks about his "mammas" being broken, one year later).