PDA

View Full Version : Your Fave Nursing Cover

Cpeterson
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
What's your favorite nursing cover? Trying to figure out which I should register for. Thanks!

viba424
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I only have one so I might not be much help, but Bebe au Lait gets awesome reviews and mine is really nice. I have it in ivory eyelet.

goldenpig
01-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I second Bebe Au Lait (aka Hooter Hiders), they have pretty patterns and a wire hoop at the top so you can see your baby. I used them all the time. Get two so you can always have one if the other gets dirty and needs to go in the wash.

twowhat?
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
My Aden & Anais swaddling blankets:)

SnuggleBuggles
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I preferred a nursing tank top instead. It was less conspicuous than a nursing cover and easier for me to manage.

Beth

newg
01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a hooter hider and love it.......even with nursing tanks........it's nice for those moments when baby is not on the breast yet
I think it's the weight of the fabric and the wire hoop at the top that really make it nice to use.

dtim
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Hooter hider!!!

rizzo0904
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't bother with one, so my answer is the best one is none at all! I use a nursing tank. No one can see anything. And I try to sit somewhere that my back is to most people so I don't bother anyone.

Piglet
01-14-2010, 06:06 PM
I just used whatever I had handy - a baby blanket, for example. I then bought a nice thin, cheap pashmina, which was nice. That having been said, the covers weren't available when I had DS1. If I were expecting my first, I would have tried one of the covers - they seem really nice and pretty. BTW, I don't care if I am "conspicuous" and I don't mind screaming to the world that I am BFing, I just don't like flashing people (my dad, for example) ;)

SnuggleBuggles
01-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I only put in the piece about making bf'ing more obvious b/c some people think that nursing covers make it less obvious but it usually draws more attention to it. Totally up to mom to decide which she feels more of a need to address- staying covered, having bf;ing be less noticeable... either option and reason is fine. :)

Beth

athompson
01-15-2010, 05:47 AM
http://busybabywraps.com/
Love, love, love this nursing cover that doesn't look like a nursing cover. I have it in three colors and have used them for two children. They also work as a blanket.

brigeet
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I used a Bebe au Lait cover with my first baby. I loved how it straps around your neck (a blanket would always fall out of place) and has the boning on top so you can peek at your baby and get some air circulating in warmer months. This summer I learned to sew and made 4 of them for my friends and me. Here is a link to the pattern, if you sew or know anyone who sews, it costs >$10 to make (great gift!). http://www.blisstree.com/breastfeeding123/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/ The only difference is the one you buy in the store has a terry cloth triangle in the bottom corner for wiping milk or to use as a pocket for nursing pads, so I added that to mine.