PDA

View Full Version : Baked Oatmeal question

Andi98989
01-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm getting ready to make my first batch of baked oatmeal tonight (left it soaking this morning). Do you think I could bake it in muffin liners, or does it need to be in a 9 x 13? Baking it in individual muffins would be very handy so that I can just toss them in a big bag and grab one on my way out the door.

Momof3Labs
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Sure, but it depends on how yours comes out. Mine needs to be eaten with a spoon, it doesn't come out muffin or cake-like at all (thus the idea of making it in muffin liners wouldn't add anything convenience-wise).

egoldber
01-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Mone defintiely comes out thick enough that I cut it into bars and eat it that way. Although I don't see any reason why you couldn't cook it in muffin tins.

Melaine
01-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I think it would work ok, but might be sticky and hard to get out of the paper....like some muffins tend to be. I have finally gotten mine more cake-like but it is still very moist and soft so we usually eat it with a fork or spoon.
I would do it in a pan your first time to see how the consistency comes out since it can vary quite a bit with the recipe.