PDA

View Full Version : s/o: Facebook updates you like

Naranjadia
01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
This is just a spin-off on the "Facebook posts you don't like." What do you like?

I like:
-links to articles I wouldn't have noticed
-news relating to my hometown from people still there
-updates on events where we live - ie. restaurant opened, etc.
-people's gut reactions, exclamations, etc - if "original"
-anecdotes about family members/friends
-questions people want help with/opinions on
-photos - if not too many

MoJo
01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I like to see what's going on in people's lives, so anything that's a real status update is good.

I like photos, but prefer them a few at a time.

I like the updates that end up in an online "conversation," because most of my FB friends are people I rarely see IRL.

I like prayer requests and other requests where I can actually do something to help (Like the friend who had surgery, and I could bring food.)

I don't mind political or religious updates, even from people who don't share my views, because they help me see things from a different perspective.

maestramommy
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
links to articles I wouldn't have seen otherwise
little milestones in faraway friends' lives or their kids' lives
and sometimes momentary updates: one of my recent favs is from an old HS buddy: "It's amazing what can be accomplished with Play-doh, a salad spinner, and an distracted dad." By the dad:p

elliput
01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
While some may not appreciate the humor, one of my friends has been posting a series of puns. Some are quite clever, some are atrocious. Some have made me laugh out loud, others have made me groan, but I find them all entertaining. :D

Today's post was "Let the punishment begin again. 6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering."

g-mama
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Ones that are witty and clever and actually interesting, and ones that start a conversation.

arivecchi
01-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I like to see what's going on in people's lives, so anything that's a real status update is good.

I like photos, but prefer them a few at a time.

I like the updates that end up in an online "conversation," because most of my FB friends are people I rarely see IRL.

I like prayer requests and other requests where I can actually do something to help (Like the friend who had surgery, and I could bring food.)

I don't mind political or religious updates, even from people who don't share my views, because they help me see things from a different perspective.:yeahthat: I also like links to interesting articles.

elektra
01-14-2010, 03:28 PM
This is just a spin-off on the "Facebook posts you don't like." What do you like?

I like:
-links to articles I wouldn't have noticed
-news relating to my hometown from people still there
-updates on events where we live - ie. restaurant opened, etc.
-people's gut reactions, exclamations, etc - if "original"
-anecdotes about family members/friends
-questions people want help with/opinions on
-photos - if not too many

:yeahthat:
I ask myself before I post, "would someone else find this interesting? entertaining? funny? worth re-posting? worth commenting on?

Now I don't always stick to that and was guilty yesterday of posting, "the day flew by!" but I try to stay away from the general or mundane.

And even though my annoying post person has the risque photos, alot of his posts are hilarious. His latest:
---------
this just in: the cast of "Wicked" is performing at Equinox (SF) on Tuesday night. Who wants to go with me? I dont care about wicked, but there will be alcohol!
-------
I like funny, anecdotal, well-written, photos or that contain links to funny informational stories.

Laurel
01-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I like links to interesting articles, local info and making plans with groups of friends.

I also like discussing political stuff with the FB friends I know I agree with. I have a filter set up for this so my conservative buddies don't have to see all my political stuff.

Naranjadia
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I also like discussing political stuff with the FB friends I know I agree with. I have a filter set up for this so my conservative buddies don't have to see all my political stuff.

Whoa! How'd you do that? I would love to be able to do that.

Laurel
01-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Whoa! How'd you do that? I would love to be able to do that.

Create groups of friends (sorry I don't remember the exact directions here, but I think it is somewhere in "settings"), then when you post a status update you can select which group you would like to be able to view the post. This is pretty new, FB has not always has this option.

lizzywednesday
01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Currently, any and all photos of my nephew are my favorite updates.

He's so cute!!!!

citymama
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
I love the baby/kiddie pics and most kid-related updates. I'm not crazy about the brag ones but generally like what's going on with my mom friends and their kids!

Cheburashka
01-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Links to articles or things I wouldn't have found otherwise are my favorites, especially when it starts a discussion in the comments. Pictures are nice too, as are videos. A friend of mine posted an underwater video he took from a Florida vacation, it was awesome.

SnuggleBuggles
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Ones that actually gives me a glimpse into their lives. I like those better than impersonal trivia.

Pictures.

Beth