PDA

View Full Version : Socks with Uggs?

Melaine
01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I ordered some Uggs, they are listed as a spring/summer style and are not fully lined but have a sheepskin footbed. These are the ones: https://www.vanmildert.com/ladies-2/footwear-91/ugg-ladies-black-lo-136108.htm

I've never had Uggs, do you really go sockless? Someone mentioned that if you don't go sockless, the boots would be ruined?! (Surely not). Also, do people really wear these in the summer? Not sure I can picture doing that myself, just curious. Any tips on maintenance would also be appreciated!

Claki
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
You are supposed to go sockless. But I don't always. Not sure how socks would ruin them. Maybe it would matte the sheepskin more?

neeleymartin
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
just googled and it sounds like socks are advised but not necessary. here is the quote:

"The benefit of wearing Ugg Boots is that you don't need to wear socks with them, even in cold weather as they are warm inside. Although you do not have to wear socks with Uggs (http://www.nationugg.com/), wearing them prevents damage to the fur inside the shoe."

hth. just my first pair of uggs in the mail on monday. i am loving them. some comfy and cozy. i have been wearing them with socks, my bare feet on the fur gives me the jeebs. i hate the way it creeps between my toes. eeeekkkk!

bobeNC
01-15-2010, 12:27 AM
I have several pairs of Uggs and love the fact that I don't have to wear socks. They don't get sweaty as some would think. A couple of times I have worn socks with the boots and end up taking them off b/c my feet get sooo hot! Enjoy them, the ones you picked look cool.

arivecchi
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I've had my Uggs for over two years and had always worn them w/out socks. Now all of a sudden they stink and I wish I had used socks..... :shake: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the smell?

infomama
01-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Never wore my Uggs with socks. Been wearing sheepskin boots for 15 years (not the same ones, of course ;))

lchang25000
01-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I've ALWAYS worn socks with my Uggs. Would rather have my socks sweaty and stinky than my Uggs.