PDA

View Full Version : Need some BBB Mojo

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I am trying to get a job after being a SAHM for almost 3 years. I am applying for an entry level position, just to get my foot in the door,and so we can afford to put DD in pre-school.

Where we live the people waiting tables often have degrees, so to have a decent paying job while I work on my degree would be great. I am most likely competing with 20 something, so I hope my age is a good thing ! :)

I e-mailed a resume, and now I am playing the waiting game.... Ugghhh.

I know this isn't an emergency, but any PT you could spare is much appreciated!

billysmommy
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Good luck :)

JTsMom
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Good job mojo :cheerleader1:

arivecchi
01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
mojo, mojo, mojo!

elektra
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Good luck!

jenfromnj
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Good luck! I am trying to plan my return to work strategy, and it's much more daunting than I thought it would be to get back out there!

tmarie
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Good luck....I'm just starting to apply for jobs as well and it's overwhelming.

ThreeofUs
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Good luck! I'm also eye-ing up the back-to-work strategy (though I have a couple of years yet, I think).

MamaMolly
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Mojo! Mojo! Mojo! Good luck!

jgenie
01-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Mojo on the way - Good luck!!!

bubbaray
01-14-2010, 11:07 PM
P&PT for you -- hope it works out!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I addressed my SAHM time on my resume, I hope they appreciate my honesty!

amldaley
01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
BBB has some seriously good "job gettin' "mojo! I know, I speak from experience!!!! (have been in my job for 11 months now after a few trips to the BBB mojo well).

Sending good vibes your way. Be patient, be good to yourself and remember to tell them why THEY want YOU as well as why you are "choosing" them. And keep a box of stationary in your car. I get it cheap at Marshalls. HAND WRITE a thank you note for each interview, walk right back in and deliver it. Keeps you on their minds.

GO GET 'EM!

motherofone
01-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Mojo coming your way. I applied for a job a week ago after being a SAHM for over 6 years-scary stuff!
best of luck

kozachka
01-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Good luck with your job search! It can be frustrating, but don't give up. I have also put a note in my resume (in the Other section) about being a SAHM parent. It did not hurt me during the last set of interviews that I've done.

Not sure what type of position you have applied for, but I would not just mail you resume and hope to hear back. Try to follow up with the company, if you can.

MontrealMum
01-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Sending you lots of P&Pt for getting the job! The job hunt can be frustrating, so stay positive :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Good luck with your job search! It can be frustrating, but don't give up. I have also put a note in my resume (in the Other section) about being a SAHM parent. It did not hurt me during the last set of interviews that I've done.

Not sure what type of position you have applied for, but I would not just mail you resume and hope to hear back. Try to follow up with the company, if you can.

I e-mailed it, it was a craigslist posting, and they didn't give the business name, So frustrating!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-15-2010, 02:17 AM
BBB has some seriously good "job gettin' "mojo! I know, I speak from experience!!!! (have been in my job for 11 months now after a few trips to the BBB mojo well).

Sending good vibes your way. Be patient, be good to yourself and remember to tell them why THEY want YOU as well as why you are "choosing" them. And keep a box of stationary in your car. I get it cheap at Marshalls. HAND WRITE a thank you note for each interview, walk right back in and deliver it. Keeps you on their minds.

GO GET 'EM!

Thanks! I LOVE the stationery idea!

MoJo
01-15-2010, 06:51 AM
MoJo here for you!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
MoJo here for you!

Mojo from MoJo has got to help! ;)

JenaW
01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I have an interview this afternoon from a job posting on Craigslist!! Mine too was a generic listing with no company info. I got a generic email reply "we rec'd your email..." in about 4 days, then a phone call about 10 days later. I know how daunting it is to return to the work force. I have considered going back part time or per diem for a few years but nothing has panned out. I put a small paragraph at the end of my resume explaining that I have not worked in the past 4 years, but detailing what I have done to maintain my medical knowledge base and keep my license current.

GL to you!! Let us know if you hear anything.

J

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I have an interview this afternoon from a job posting on Craigslist!! Mine too was a generic listing with no company info. I got a generic email reply "we rec'd your email..." in about 4 days, then a phone call about 10 days later. I know how daunting it is to return to the work force. I have considered going back part time or per diem for a few years but nothing has panned out. I put a small paragraph at the end of my resume explaining that I have not worked in the past 4 years, but detailing what I have done to maintain my medical knowledge base and keep my license current.

GL to you!! Let us know if you hear anything.

J

Good luck to YOU!!!!! Have confidence and smile!:cheerleader1:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Ugghhh. I got an e-mail back from a scam site, so no job. Boo. Now scam site has my info, beware career-network.com
Lesson learned, never e-mail resume to anonymous CL address.

elephantmeg
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
sending mojo!