PDA

View Full Version : help me with dilemma stay on or off site price comparisons inside with 3 kids under 5

jacksmom2009
01-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I have a dilema we are going to disney end of feb for a wk. we are driving down from NH and will have 3 kids ages 5.5 2.75 yrs and 13 months with us and 2 adults. soo do we do
All star Music or movie. 2150.00 + 300.90 gift card = 1850.00
Includes room for 6 nites magic ur way with park hopper for 6 nights with water park. Plus quick serve dining. 2 quick service and a snack per day. need to pay for internetPlus 300.00 disney gift card. remember 2 kids r under 3 so do they still eat on dining if they are free? i am not sure on this. My kids are not the quietest of children so how well would they mix at the hotel? youngest would be in pack and play.

Or
Offsite at discountvacationrentals.com
6 nites 3 bedrooms house private pool 830.00 taxes included plus 50.00 late check out fee for plus 900.00 for park hopper + water. 10 minutes from disney. Washer and dryer. Free internet.
Total = 1730.00
2 adults and 3 kids 2 of them are under 3 yrs so basically are free? But need to buy all food detergent etc for laundry. Plus gas to and from parks and parking fee of 20.00 a day I think for parks?What would u do

Momof3Labs
01-15-2010, 01:08 AM
ASM rooms are small, REALLY small for 5 people including a PNP! Not sure how well that would work with naps, bedtime, etc. I personally wouldn't do it with five people but some people are fine with it.

Why are you getting the water parks option? If you are going for 6 days, you won't have time to use 6 days of park hoppers plus the water parks option. I'd personally stick with 6 day passes (no water parks) and just add hopping IF you decide to do it.

On the dining plan, kids under 3 eat off of your plate for free. If you go to a buffet or all-you-can eat, they can eat anything, but if you go to a place with a menu, you pay for anything you order for them. Since you are doing quick service dining, they would have to eat off of your plates or you would pay for their food.

egoldber
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Also think about the trundle bed rooms at Port Orleans Riverside (POR). They sleep 5.

I always prefer to stay onsite, but many people are (obviously) very happy to stay off-site.

I didn't see car rental in your price for the week at the offsite location. And you will need a vehicle large enough to hold 3 kids in carseats plus all your bags.

I agree you don't need the water park option for only a 6 day trip.

hillview
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I vote for onsite -- transportation is much easier plus you can split up (maybe one adult takes a child or 2 back) and you don't have to worry about cars etc. I defer to Beth on the right property. Or take a look at Disboards.
/hillary

DebbieJ
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I would stay onsite. Since you'll have your car, you can park at the parks for free if you want to drive or take the bus/Monorail/boats. When you stay onsite, you can also take advantage of any EMH.

Have fun! We're going in June!