PDA

View Full Version : Which iPod Touch do you have and are you happy with it?

SASM
01-15-2010, 01:42 AM
The title pretty much sums it up. :) I am still researching the iPod Touch in the hopes of getting one soon. DH bought a 64...better to have too much memory than not enough. I think that is great, and totally agree if we can afford it (Ohhh...In response to my last post, HUGE thanks for the heads-up on the good prices!!), but is the extra money worth it? Have you filled yours up? Getting scary-close? I know that everyone is different but I am just curious if a 32 is a "good enough" size or are moms actually filling it up with "mom" stuff...organizers, photos, music, kid games, mom games, etc. I would love to get an 8 but I fear that might be too small. So...any thoughts? :)

TIA!! Ohh...thanks to everyone for the participation in the iPod Touch app threads that I have been reading...TONS of great info!! :)

shishamo
01-15-2010, 01:47 AM
How about refurbished 16GB one for $199 (the samew price as 8GB?) MY iPhone has 16GB and I find it more than enough.

kozachka
01-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I have 8MB and it's not even half full. I use mine primarily for applications and WiFi access so full disclosure here.

nfowife
01-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I have a 32 and have tons of apps...a full screen for the kids and 2 other screens for me. Also have a good amount of video on it. Not so much music or photos right now- I just have my workout music on there. Mine is not even a quarter full. I would get a 32, I'd be worried about a 16 a bit but I don't have anywhere near 16mb right now either, so you'd probably be just fine with that.

tmarie
01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I think it depends on what you use it for. I just got a 8 to hold me over until I'm able to upgrade to a iphone...thanks to the recs on this bb. I love it! My dh has an iphone and we spend quite a bit of time talking to the sales reps at the apple store....it all depends on what you are going to use it for. I am not using my touch for downloading shows and movies, which is what eats up space, so the 8 is more than enough for me.

tmarie
dd#1 '05
dd#2 '08

jess_g
01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
I have an 8MB and love it. I don't have any pictures or videos stored on it though which I would asume would make a difference with the amount of memory you need. I would defenitly get one of the newer ones with the speaker built in. Its just the right volume for me to hear it without being too loud for everyone else and I love that I can use it without headphones.

I bought mine at the after thanksgiving sale (which only saved me about $30) but you can also bring an old ipod in to the store to recycle and they will give you a discount (I think 10%).

Jessica.

wellyes
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Well, how much music do you have in iTunes?

We have about 30 gb which is roughly 20 DAYS of songs. I got a 16 gb touch, figuring it's no problem to select a bunch of playlists. I put in my favorite 5 playlists, several days worth of music, more than I could listen to before the battery ran out. Also about 200 podcasts. I also have 3-4 audiobooks and maybe 25 apps. The biggest app by far is "Encyclopedia", 2.5 gb, which contains the entire Wikipedia site off-line.

With all that, I'm currently at just over 8 gb. I'm very happy with 16 gb.

So to sum up, you can see in iTunes how many gb of music you want, and don't even worry about apps, they're mostly tiny.

BUT: if you plan to store movies or TV shows, that's all out the window. Movies are huge. If you want to keep a couple movies on there at all times, spring for the 64.

Neatfreak
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Mine is a 16 MB and I have four pages of apps and a few photo albums, and I still have 2/3 of the capacity left. I cannot imagine a 64 MB one!

x-posted - okay, I forgot about the movie and tv option ...

LD92599
01-15-2010, 09:14 AM
DS and DH has 8 gb and my iphone is 16, but i have the movies and such on the 8. If you're going to want movies (the Disney "Digital copies" for example that come w/ the DVd's) then spring for a bigger one.

Always check out the refurbs on the apple site too - and buy applecare on Ebay! I just bought a few applecare's for work this week on ebay.

codex57
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
DW has the 16 GB. She's not close, but she deliberately holds back what gets put on there in order to not fill it up. 8GB is too small even for her since she puts pics on there. If you put vids too, forget it. 16GB would start to get kinda small.

newg
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I have a 32..............4 pages of apps, photos and some songs....one movie and three tv shows for DD...........I think if you are planning on doing movies and shows then I would grab a 32......................if you're doing more apps and songs and stuff, then 16 might be enough.

jse107
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
DH and I each have 32GB and find that it is plenty of space for our needs--ALL our music, 5 pages of apps (and counting), a few photos. Still over 10 GB left.

Penny's Pappa
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't own a Touch (though I do have a 30GB 5th gen video), but since the OP's question is about storage capacity rather than the specific features of the Touch, per se, I thought I could chime in.

Aside from the music, movies, photos, and apps that you're sure to put on your iPod, keep in mind that it can be configured to act as a removable hard drive as well. I have used this feature numerous times to backup and transfer files.

SASM
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I have a 32..............4 pages of apps, photos and some songs....one movie and three tv shows for DD...........I think if you are planning on doing movies and shows then I would grab a 32......................if you're doing more apps and songs and stuff, then 16 might be enough.

With all of this stored in there, how much space do you have left?

SASM
01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Well, how much music do you have in iTunes?

We have about 30 gb which is roughly 20 DAYS of songs. I got a 16 gb touch, figuring it's no problem to select a bunch of playlists. I put in my favorite 5 playlists, several days worth of music, more than I could listen to before the battery ran out. Also about 200 podcasts. I also have 3-4 audiobooks and maybe 25 apps. The biggest app by far is "Encyclopedia", 2.5 gb, which contains the entire Wikipedia site off-line.

With all that, I'm currently at just over 8 gb. I'm very happy with 16 gb.

So to sum up, you can see in iTunes how many gb of music you want, and don't even worry about apps, they're mostly tiny.

BUT: if you plan to store movies or TV shows, that's all out the window. Movies are huge. If you want to keep a couple movies on there at all times, spring for the 64.

This is quite impressive. Do you think that with everything you currently have in there you could also squeeze in a movie? If I can, I would like to have 1 movie in there.