PDA

View Full Version : 100% polyester comforter

soontobe
01-15-2010, 03:15 PM
what kind of quality are we talking about with a comforter that has a 100% polyester fill? I found comforters that I like (and can kind of afford;)) but I have no idea if they are 'good' or not.

thanks for your help!

eta; the outside is 100% egyptain cotton if that matters

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't think the fill will be an issue. Ds1's comforter was mu comforter from 15 years agho and it's held up great, polyester fill and all. Super cheap comforters may have trouble (I can remember shifting and breaking down) but if it is at all a decent quality it should be fine. Look at the kind of stitching too; something like a box stitch will mean that the filling is trapped in a limited area so it isn't going to shift all around. You don't need to get a box stitch one but just check out if it's one big section or if there are divisions.

Beth

brittone2
01-15-2010, 05:11 PM
I had an all poly Croscill comforter once that was unbearably hot for me. I use a down comforter here in NC but since it breathes more, I don't find it too hot other than sometimes in the summer.

The Croscill one I had was super thick though and maybe that had something to do with it. I just remember we got rid of it because it was *sooo* hot.