PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a carrier for a fat girl.

fortato
01-15-2010, 11:21 PM
with huge boobs too.

I used my Hotsling with Jack, and loved it, but I want to try other things.
Obviously from the title of this post, I'm not a tiny woman with itty bitty boobs that can pull off half of these sweet carriers, I hated the Ring Sling, and I HATED the Bjorn.

Anyone with experience that can help me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Clarity
01-16-2010, 12:34 AM
I resemble that - and I love my Ergo. Once she got old enough to back carry it was a dream. I could back carry my 37lb 3 year old without without feeling uncomfortable.

ETA: I should have also said that it worked great when she was an infant too, and I had to carry her in the front. You just have to nestle them in just right. I did use an insert to help position her, that was a requirement.

Kymberley
01-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Hello twin! I've been using a Beco and have been pretty satisfied. The only thing is, when I front carry DS for a long time, I tend to get a sore jaw the next day because I'm not used to the *extra* weight. It's getting better though, so I know it's just me. HTH!

fortato
01-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Thank you both....

I was looking at both the Ergo and the Beco, but wasn't sure which would be better for my "frame". It's good to hear some recommendations.

MoJo
01-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Another "hello, twin!" here.

I have the Ergo, and I like it for the back carry. However, I have a short torso, so the front carry isn't comfortable for me. (The pictures and video show babies nursing in the carrier; my 3-mo old's head was at my chin. . . which is NOT where she nurses!)

That was info I didn't have before I made my purchase, so maybe it will help you.

PS: DH will also use the Ergo for the back carry, so at least we are getting use out of it. I just need something different for the infant stage.