PDA

View Full Version : How can Grandma view our videos?

hbridge
01-16-2010, 12:40 PM
So we received a video camera for Christmas and hope to use it to share short videos with far away grandparents.

Is there a website that allows us to share videos ONLY with a few select people? I'm willing to pay for such a service, but it has to be secure. I saw Photobucket and Utube, but I'm concerned about security.

We share photos through KodakGallery and are looking for something similar for video...

Thanks so much.

lalasmama
01-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm about 98% positive that you can have private videos at YouTube. I think there is an option for "public" or "private". Not sure how it all works (my computer won't allow the Flash media player, so no videos for me :-/ ).... but I would imagine when you sign up, it should mention the options to you.

mmommy
01-16-2010, 01:02 PM
We set up a "Share Site" on Shutterfly. You then send email invites to the people you want to have access to it.
http://www.shutterfly.com/nav/signedOutShare.sfly
I think they have a 10 video limit on the free site (we just take the old ones down and replace with the newer ones) but if you pay more you can put unlimited videos up.

DebbieJ
01-16-2010, 01:46 PM
You can do it on YouTube.

hbridge
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Shutterfly is just what I'm looking for; Thank you! I'm not sure if the premium subscription would work for us, I think that's DH's call, but this is great for now!

Thank you, thank you!

brismom
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
we put ours up on our picasa web album and its free up to a certain amount

Reyadawnbringer
01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Vimeo lets you do it too.

gobadgers
01-16-2010, 06:34 PM
We use www.smugmug.com (http://www.smugmug.com), for unlimited photo and video space. The catch is that there is a yearly fee - once we had a years worth of photos and videos we were totally hooked.

Claki
01-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Viddler is also an option. It lets you make videos private then you set up a secret URL to share with others. At anytime you can change that URL so it no longer works.

mousemom
01-17-2010, 12:10 AM
We've been using dropshots.com. You can password protect it. It's free for short videos (I think under two minutes) and then you can pay if you want to post longer ones/have more storage space.

mommylamb
01-17-2010, 07:42 AM
We have a blog on google's blogster. You can upload video to those and you can make them private.

WatchingThemGrow
01-17-2010, 09:00 AM
We have a blog on google's blogster. You can upload video to those and you can make them private.
We have this and we also use Flickr to share all our videos and pics with family. There is a private setting, and you can subscribe them to get automatic updates when you upload. We'll often put text and a pic in the blog, then link a picture there to a set or a video on Flickr.