PDA

View Full Version : Deceptively Delicious: looking for reviews on recipes..what's good & what's bad???

sewarsh
01-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Help me weed out the bad & recommend the good!!!

Just got the book and am hoping anyone can tell me what recipe's they've tried and if they are good or bad.

Thanks!

DebbieJ
01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
The chicken tortilla cigars are great! I make those often. We dip them in salsa.

lucybabymamma
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow! Good timing! I was just thinking of buying this book yesterday and went online to try a few recipes to see how they turned out. I made the mac and cheese and my daughter loved it. I will be interested to see what other people post....

Katigre
01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
LOVE her oatmeal recipe - we eat that all the time.

Other good ones:
French toast
Sloppy Joe's
Chicken Alphabet Soup
Macaroni and Cheese
"Buttered" noodles
Spaghetti sauce
Tacos
Turkey Chili
Chocolate Pudding
Doughnuts
hot cocoa
oatmeal reaisin cookies

sewarsh
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Ladies!!! Now I know which recipes to start with!!

Any "losers" i should avoid?

sewarsh
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow! Good timing! I was just thinking of buying this book yesterday and went online to try a few recipes to see how they turned out. I made the mac and cheese and my daughter loved it. I will be interested to see what other people post....

FYI...I bought mine at our $5 store, so if you have a Five Below, check there.

catpagmo
02-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I know this is an old thread, but...

her tuna pita-sandwiches are very good!

DebbieJ
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I saw this book at our local TJMaxx a couple weeks ago. I think it was marked down to $5.

toby
02-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Picky 5 year old DS really likes the Gingerbread Spice Cake... I make them into mini muffins (bake for 12 minutes instead of 45), freeze them in a ziplock and then defrost in the microwave as needed. They have a sweet molasses taste, but have broccoli and carrot in them! I go light on the orange zest, also.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (with chick peas) are amazing!! I puree the chickpeas to hide them (you need to add water as you puree them). Also, this is more time consuming, but you can substitute some prune puree (4 oz. prunes plus 6 T or more of hot water) for some of the margarine. You could probably also use apple sauce. I am a huge fan of choc. chips, but even I thought that 2 cups was too much (I add 1-1.5 cups). Bake for less time than instructed.

Doughnuts