PDA

View Full Version : Name Bubbles

peanut520
01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Anyone have a discount code?

Any thought on their labels? I was thinking about getting some of the clothing labels for daycare.

daniele_ut
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't have a discount code for them, but we've been using their clothing labels since August and they seem to be holding up well. I like that they are small enough to fit on the care tags.

peanut520
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
thanks for the info. have you removed them? they say they are removable with "intent." i'd like to remove them because we regualrly donate out better clothing pieces.

fortato
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
I love my Name Bubbles!!!

There are some small enough to go on Care tags- They launder easily, and go through the dishwasher well too.

I've removed a couple, and there hasn't been any damage to anything....

brgnmom
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I love my bitty bubbles-- the smaller circular name bubbles for clothing tags. I've been using them for several months now, and they have held up really well.

daniele_ut
01-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I love my bitty bubbles-- the smaller circular name bubbles for clothing tags. I've been using them for several months now, and they have held up really well.

Those the ones that I have as well. I haven't tried to remove any yet, but since Kristen has, I'd say you'll be fine.

shoxie
01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Just got a promo code in an e-mail this AM. Enter "1st Year" to get 20% off your entire order. Expires 2.1.10. HTH!

mom2beofboy/girltwins
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I haven't used Name Bubbles, but I bought these and started using them in October and they work awesome! http://www.oliverslabels.com/

The labels for clothes tags still look perfect after being in the washing machine and the labels on the bottles that get washed in the dishwasher every single day still look exactly the same as the day I put them on!

sewarsh
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
these look great. maybe i'll order some. i've been ignoring my DDs preschool teacher's request to please label EVERYTHING!

sewarsh
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Should I just get the regular "laundry safe bitty bubbles"? Or do you guys recommend a different kind? i'm assuming these will work on dishwasher items as well, right? or do you recommend getting both? thanks.

BayAreaMom
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
I just got this code "1st year" for 20% off by 2/1/10
I have the clothing tags and love them, though they are a bit larger than the other mabel's labels tags i also have. But they are much cuter and colorful!

wendibird22
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for this thread and the coupon code. I was just looking into labels for DD1 who starts at a new daycare in a few weeks. This is just what I was looking for!

sansdieu
01-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I have both namebubbles and oliver's labels; so here are my super-profound observations: :)

Oliver's do not remove that well-- the few that I removed took off most of the ink from the care label with them (so you can't read the washing instructions anymore).

Both survive laundry well, but Oliver's always peel off during Oxi-clean soaks (not sure if I've soaked anything with name bubbles in Oxi).

Finally, Namebubbles are marginally easier to peel off the sheet.

fortato
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I got a multi pack- laundry safe, dishwasher safe, and fun bubbles. (Which you can stick on anything)
It's perfect- I should have enough for a couple of years!

Madelyn
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks! Went ahead and gave Name Bubbles a try. I ordered a sampler pack that allows up to 6 different names but only one color scheme/icon. Went with gender neutral colors so I can share w/ my 2 sons and 1 daughter. I ended up printing their name with my cell phone number after it. With the 20% code, my total came to just over $18 shipped. I don't think we need a ton of labels. I mainly just need them for jackets that tend to get lost. One thing I would have liked is to be able to order without an icon. I think my 11 year old would prefer no icon. Thought it was odd that they had a packages for nursing homes and college that showed icons.

vball4all
01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the posts - and especially the code! ;)

I love the Sampler Pack - I think I can use that to get labels for both of my kids.

endlessheather
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm so glad this was posted! I have been needing to order some because of preschool labeling. I cringed when I took a marker to his jacket tag but luckily that's all I had to label so far.

My question though ~ I have 2 boys and they will be passing stuff down so do I just put the last name on the label or should I have first / last? I just don't want a ton of labels and not use 100 something labels :) if I can label both boys clothes?

what do you think?

vball4all
01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I have twin girls - so either kid can wear the clothes. I put both of their names on there. you could do last name as long as your last name isn't real common. OR....Get the sampler pack where you can do each kid's name. You can specify up to 6 different "names" in that pack. So, you could do some with each kid's name, some with both names, some with just the last name.

Not sure how long the labels will last up until the next kid is wearing the clothes.

I'm a newbee...ordering labels for my first time ;)

wendibird22
01-21-2010, 04:17 PM
My question though ~ I have 2 boys and they will be passing stuff down so do I just put the last name on the label or should I have first / last? I just don't want a ton of labels and not use 100 something labels :) if I can label both boys clothes?

what do you think?

I just ordered a set with just our last name for this reason.

daniele_ut
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM

what do you think?

Our daycare/pre-K specifies first and last names on labels and we have a very common surname, so I put both kids names on a gender neutral colored label. They say "DS or DD Lastname"

becca_g
01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Any feedback on how long it took for labels to arrive after ordering? Looks like the only shipping option is first class mail.

jse107
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I just ordered some of these yesterday! Thanks for the code! I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like!

AnnieW625
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Soo glad I did a search for labels today. I was going to post about getting a label maker, but found this post instead. I ordered a sample pack with DD's first and last name, and our last name for the baby since we don't know the sex or name of the baby yet. At $18 though it's cheap enough to get the baby a whole other set later:) Thanks again!

Madelyn
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Anyone know how long these take to arrive after ordering? I got a confirmation on Jan 20th and still have not gotten anything. I assume I won't get a shipping confirmation and they will just show up in the mail?

wendibird22
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I ordered on the 20th and am still waiting for them as well and the company is only about 4 hours east of me.

vball4all
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I ordered just 2 days ago and got a shipping notification from Paypal today.

wendibird22
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I ordered just 2 days ago and got a shipping notification from Paypal today.

I received the shipping notification within 24hrs but haven't received the labels yet. The tracking info says it was shipped from Albany on the 26th. I will probably receive them tomorrow (the 28th).

So, if that's accurate it was a week to print them and then however long standard mail takes to arrive to your locale from Albany, NY.

vball4all
01-28-2010, 02:25 AM
If its going by USPS, then it could take up to two weeks to deliver something small and simple. I hate it when my online orders ship through them. Their "tracking" is a big joke.

I hope you get it soon - let us know!

Madelyn
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
My order arrived today, Jan 29 after ordering Jan 20.

sansdieu
01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Mine arrived yesterday, 1/28/10; order was placed on 1/22/10.

xmasbabycomin
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
please delete

lilhilly
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
so, yeah, if you have a DD and a DS, you have to pick a gender-neutral color scheme (or be less constricted by gender norms than me, and go with pink anyway!)

xmasbabycomin
01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
My son is already a dork, and he's only in first grade. I'm not cruel (brave?) enough to add pink into the mix, esp. living in the South. Anyway, what do y'all like as G/N color schemes for the sampler packs?

wendibird22
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Mine arrive on 1/28. They turned out really cute.

Madelyn
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Did I do something wrong? Put a label in my son's jacket and washed it in cold today, hung to dry. The label is gone! We don't have to iron these on do we?

wendibird22
01-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Did I do something wrong? Put a label in my son's jacket and washed it in cold today, hung to dry. The label is gone! We don't have to iron these on do we?

Did you wait 24hrs after placing the label before washing? That's what they recommend on their site.

vball4all
02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I finally got mine today (Feb 1) after ordering on Jan 25. (1 week)

They are really cute - I hope they work!

vonfirmath
02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
What do you guys do for labelling socks?

fortato
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
What do you guys do for labelling socks?

Initials on the bottom with magic marker.

roobee
02-02-2010, 12:25 PM
You could label socks with some puffy paint - make them grippy socks

Madelyn
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Did you wait 24hrs after placing the label before washing? That's what they recommend on their site.

I'm pretty sure it was over 24 hrs but I realized I put a "dishwasher safe" label on my son's jacket. Guess I assumed that if it was strong enough to stay on in the dishwasher, it would work in the clothes washer as well.

vball4all
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it was over 24 hrs but I realized I put a "dishwasher safe" label on my son's jacket. Guess I assumed that if it was strong enough to stay on in the dishwasher, it would work in the clothes washer as well.

Hmmm....I'm glad you said something. I also assumed that Dishwasher safe could make it through the laundry.

brgnmom
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Hmmm....I'm glad you said something. I also assumed that Dishwasher safe could make it through the laundry.

I know that my laundry-safe itty bitty bubbles can be used in the dishwasher safely (according to the designer of name bubbles), but I'm not sure whether the reverse holds true.

I also make sure to stick the labels well on the clothing tags, and double check that there's a tight seal and no air bubbles. And I wait 24-plus hours before I place the article of clothing in the washer and dryer. My son's labels have held up very well and we've been using the labels for several months now, since the beginning of the school year.