PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Chicco booster is out!

lmintzer
01-18-2010, 12:41 AM
I've seen it listed on a few sites now.

Jules or other car seat techs--any thoughts?

I'm in the market for a booster for my 6 year-old. His Marathon is expiring next month. I am considering the Monterey but am not loving it due to it's weight and the new Parkway but am not sure I like the extra step of having to route the belt through the slide guard. I know my 8 year-old wouldn't go for that--I think older kids might find it too much like a carseat and would balk, so I'd hate to buy it for my 6 year-old and have him start to complain about it in a year or two.

(I should add I haven't looked at the Vivo--that might be a good seat for him too.)

My 8 year-old uses a Compass B40. We've loved that he's super comfortable in that seat and it's super convenient that it folds for travel. But I am wary of buying a second one becauesof the concerns about the belt not staying low enough, especially on smaller child.

So, I'm not really loving any of the options. I'm wondering if this Chicco seat might be the answer, but I hate to buy it without having heard anything about it.

o_mom
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I haven't seen any reviews yet, but it looks nice! I nominate Julie to get one and try it since she can compare it to a Vivo. :D

Joolsplus2
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Hahahaha, ok, ok. I think the seat area looks interesting, like it slopes down so a child's legs will actually be better supported because they may be able to reach the floor sooner. That's what my DD *loves* about the Vivo, it's extremely comfortable and supportive despite being shallow in depth. The Parkway or Clek in comparison, are sort of too tall and her feet dangle uncomfortably so we need footstools to make them tolerable.
Of course, I could be wrong, just seeing what I want to see... I guess, we'll have to wait a little longer (Tondi pointed out that the slits under the armrests may be low and tougher to get buckled, that was a good observation, too, my booster riders are so old they can deal with any armrest out there so I forget to check for that).

Tondi G
01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I need to find a local store that might be carrying these!

lmintzer
01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Is there anything NOT to like about the Vivo? Is there anywhere to try it IRL?

Joolsplus2
01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Is there anything NOT to like about the Vivo? Is there anywhere to try it IRL?

Not sure where to see it IRL :(. It's lacking cupholders, so some folks think that's a downer. And it's best suited to average or skinny kids, rather than more solidly built kiddos. It's a touch hard to get the belts buckled under the armrests, and it's not quite as tall as the Parkway (might be about the same as the Monterey, heightwise).

lmintzer
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks, Jules. Gosh--I can't imagine buying a booster sight-unseen. But maybe I'll just have to do so.

My 6 year-old is a super skinny-mini. I'm not worried about him growing out of anything weight-wise or height-wise for that matter.

A cupholder would be nice--though since my older son has 2 on his seat--that works. My kids don't drink in the car that often anyway.

The difficulty with the seatbelt routing is more of a concern. Hmm.