PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for 'skinny jeans'

jgenie
01-18-2010, 08:38 AM
I found a pair of maternity jeans yesterday at the Gap sale for $10. I needed another pair of jeans to get through the last bit of this pregnancy. I have a doctor appointment this morning and am going to wear them with ballet flats but not sure what other shoes options I have for wearing with skinny jeans. I searched old posts and saw suggestions of tall boots. Any other options? Can I wear skechers with them? TIA

KathyN115
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Due to my less-than-perfect shape, I only wear my skinny jeans with boots. To me, it helps balance out my hips. I also only wear longer tops too. I would think boots, flats, or heels would work (although I couldn't wear heels while pregnant). I don't think sketchers, but depending on the style they may be OK. I have seen people wear skinnies with converse, and that looks ok too.

Melaine
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Due to my less-than-perfect shape, I only wear my skinny jeans with boots. To me, it helps balance out my hips. I also only wear longer tops too. I would think boots, flats, or heels would work (although I couldn't wear heels while pregnant). I don't think sketchers, but depending on the style they may be OK. I have seen people wear skinnies with converse, and that looks ok too.

:yeahthat: I think lots of people look cute with little ballet flats or tiny slip-ons, but I'm not brave enough to wear the skinny jeans without boots to balance my frame. I don't actually own any skinny jeans yet, but have done leggings with boots and have tried some skinny jeans that I definitely liked, just weren't my size. I'm definitely on the look out for flattering skinny jeans now, since I have lost about 10 lbs I think I am a little closer to wearing them successfully.

jenfromnj
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
:yeahthat: I think lots of people look cute with little ballet flats or tiny slip-ons, but I'm not brave enough to wear the skinny jeans without boots to balance my frame.

I agree with this, too! I am tall-ish (almost 5'9") and have hips/a butt but a small waist, and I feel in better proportion when wearing boots. I love the way they look with ballet flats, just not on me.

jgenie
01-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the replies - I have lots of boots that I never wear so I guess this gives me a good reason to wear them now. :)

kozachka
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Another vote for boots. And can I say how impressed I am that you can wear skinny jeans while pregnant? I can't wear them and I am not pregnant.

lchang25000
01-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Uggs....more comfortable.

C99
01-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't like boots, so I pretty much only wear skinny jeans with ballet flats.