PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Evenflo Maestro?

PAfirsttimemom
01-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Has anyone had any real-life experience with this seat? I'm still looking for a secondary/travel and grandparents'-car seat (for DS, who will be 4 in March). From what I've read, this might be a decent option. Opinions welcome!

jjordan
01-19-2010, 10:31 AM
No experience, but I've read about it on car-seat.org and it seems like it is a great option for an inexpensive, high weight harnessing seat. Top slots are almost as high as the nautilus, easy to install, and light for moving around. However it doesn't make a very tall booster, so you probably shouldn't expect to use it for that.

PAfirsttimemom
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks. I read some of that stuff, too. Seems a shame about the headrest not raising to allow for longer use as a booster. All the reviewers seemed so excited about the seat except for that apparent design flaw.

I did just get a Nautilus yesterday to try out in DH's car and/or DH's parents' car (they pick DS1 up at school once a week and watch him in the afternoon), but the Maestro may be a good option for occasional use in my parents' car and travel. Would still welcome any firsthand reports out there!