PDA

View Full Version : Munire Urban crib - feedback requested

Marina78
01-19-2010, 03:25 AM
If you could share your experience with the Munire Urban crib (or the Munire crib line in general), I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to decide if it is worth the wait for delivery; I was told the crib was made of basswood, and don't know much about it. Thank you in advance!

newg
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I think depending on whay type of crib you're getting.....it's either a great brand or an excellent brand based on BBB reviews.
We are getting the Essex crib and already have the Bonavita Peyton crib..........I think both brands are comparable and we have loved our Bonavita furniture.

poohbear
01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't have the urban crib, but I do have the urban dresser - it's very nice and very well made. It took about 7 weeks for delivery. FYI - babies r us now carries a line - I can't remember what it's called but it's made by munire and looks exactly like the urban line but it's almost half the price (I saw it and was a wee bit upset that I paid so much more for my dresser when this one seems to be almost EXACTLY the same - even the drawer glides seem to be the same). I'm not sure if it's special order or not. You may want to look into it...
HTH!

megan973
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM
The Urban collection at BRU is made by Baby Cache (which is Muniere). We just ordered the set last week. We already have the dresser (combo unit) and are awaiting the crib (this week) and then the nightstand and toddler rails are special order items.

I fell in love with this at first glance and kept coming back to it. We picked up the dresser this past weekend and really love the quality. (DH is a builder, so he is very picky about wood furniture.) The set from BRU is maple.

We have a nearby specialty store that carries the Muniere version in Expresso, and each piece was at least $100 more.

We used a BRU 20% coupon on the dresser and crib (since they were not considered special orders). I am very pleased with this set.

ETA: There are some reviews on the BRU website... not many, but last I checked, they were all 5 stars.

jenfromnj
01-25-2010, 11:12 PM
We also have some Urban pieces (dresser and armoire), though a different Munire crib, and have been very happy with them--good quality and they look very nice in DS's nursery. Not sure where you are, but we got ours at Crib and Teen City (there are tons of them here in NJ) on recs of several friends and my sister, and they have tons of Munire items in stock in their warehouse. They deliver nationwide, so if you really like the Urban and don't want to wait, it might be worth calling them.

arivecchi
01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Not sure what this crib looks like (mine is the Oxford which has wide railings), but the top of the front railing of our Munire crib scratched easily with zippers and belts when leaning over to place the baby or pick him up. I was surprised that is scratched so easily for a moderately expensive crib.

poppy
01-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I have a Munire Urban in Espresso. I wanted one made from wood, not particle boards, so bought this. Overall, it's beautiful and very nice. The paint chips easily--when my DS was teething he bit all over it, so would recommend putting a cover or tying a receiving blanket over the front and sides. We paid about $650 and though it's beautiful, I don't think I would purchase it again. There are many cribs just as nice but not as expensive. Also, they started using or are using China and that does not sit well with me. For that price, I'd like to buy products that are not made in China.

It's very easy to scratch up the paint. I did order a paint set from Munire who never responded to me for 2 weeks, so I called again and they sent me a paint touch up kit, but they sent me the wrong color--cherry--and the Urban doesn't even come in that color, I don't think.

Also, if you do buy it and want the converter set for full size, I'd get that too, b/c the baby store we got it from said they wouldn't carry it much longer, and that was about 5 months ago. Not sure if that's just my baby store or others as well.

arivecchi
01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
The paint chips easily--when my DS was teething he bit all over it, so would recommend putting a cover or tying a receiving blanket over the front and sides. We paid about $650 and though it's beautiful, I don't think I would purchase it again. There are many cribs just as nice but not as expensive. :yeahthat: I am much happier with my Baby's Dream crib and it was much cheaper than the Munire. It's just as beautiful and sturdy, but does not scratch!

sunnyside
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
We ordered the Baby Cache (Munire) Uptown Collection from BRU. It is also maple and a light wood. It doesn't scratch very easily and when it does it isn't noticeable because of the light wood. Since we are hoping to use it as the only set for a really long time, we went with what would last the longest. Munire and Baby cache has great ratings in the BB book. I'm excited for the set to arrive. We also got 20% off at BRU.

I think you'll be fine with that brand based on my research, but I guess you never know.

maylips
03-12-2010, 04:32 PM
We have the majestic crib and dresser - mainly because they were floor specials and we could take them that day.

Looking back, I would only spend that kind of money on a crib if I wanted the dresser/side tables as a future bedroom set. My oldest moved into a big girl bed at 2 years old - now, she did this because we were expecting another child and only wanted to purchase one crib, but she transitioned really well, which means if we weren't having another we only used the crib for 2 years. That's a big investment for 2 years of use.

The knobs on the dresser constantly loosen. Pet peeve of mine. :) But I do love the look of the furniture. Crib-wise, though, I would not buy such an expensive crib again. Now I feel like I *have* to buy the converter set and use it forever because we spent so much on the initial piece. And now that I have a little boy, I'd really would've liked bunk beds for him instead of a full-sized bed.

Quality-wise, Munire is good, though, if that's the look you're after.

boilermakermom
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
We have the Munire Essex collection. We waited about 8 months for all the pieces to come in. I would do it again. The furniture is great! I love it!!!!! Can't say enough great things about it!!! the company was great at keeping me updated with delivery dates, etc.

SCmom
03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
We used a BRU 20% coupon on the dresser and crib (since they were not considered special orders). I am very pleased with this set.

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing the Baby Cache Uptown crib at BRU and was interested in the 20% coupon. I just registered for the BRU Rewards program. Is that how you got the 20% off coupon? Did you use two separate coupons to get the 20% discount on the dresser and the crib or just one coupon? Thanks!

sunnyside
03-19-2010, 01:08 PM
SCMom - Excellent taste!! My mom ordered me that exact crib/dresser set. She had a 20% off coupon they had in the store that was good for one item, and I believe she got 10% off the other piece for opening a card or something.

She mailed me some coupons too that she picked up at the store. They are for 20% off one item and one is good only for I think March 26 - April 1st, and then the other one is from April 2nd - 8th.

SCmom
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks mishkamishka! I will go to the BRU store this weekend to see if I can pick-up the coupons. This is our first baby and I'm still a little new to BRU. So glad I found out I could get an extra 20% off!!

sunnyside
03-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks mishkamishka! I will go to the BRU store this weekend to see if I can pick-up the coupons. This is our first baby and I'm still a little new to BRU. So glad I found out I could get an extra 20% off!!

You're very welcome! Happy to help. I'm expecting my first too (due July 4th), and totally new to all of it too. :)

When you get it update here and let us know if you like it and if the coupons worked and stuff! Good luck!

sweetchicpunk
04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I bought Muniere based on the book's high recommendation.

But I regret it.
The wood is soft, dents easily, and the paint scratches off easily. For the high price we paid compared to the cost of other cribs with better reviews, it's not worth it!
We've had the Muniere urban crib for 1 1/2 years now, and we do not have a rowdy baby girl.