PDA

View Full Version : You live in New England...

fortato
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Snow happens in the winter. Get used to it. Stop complaining.

Ugh. If I hear another person say that they are tired of the snow, I am going to scream. We're not even half way through with winter... .we get snow.

These are the same people who bitch about the heat in the summer.

Just deal with it or move.

dogmom
01-19-2010, 02:01 PM
They are complaining about THIS winter? It's a mild one! I usually ask people like that when are they moving to Florida.

hbridge
01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I AGREE!!!! I you don't like the weather where you live, MOVE!!!!!! Or stop complaining! Some of us live where we do BECAUSE of the weather!

This is a pet peeve of mine as well!

maestramommy
01-19-2010, 03:16 PM
LOL Kristen. :p Send them to San Diego. No one could complain there.

billysmommy
01-19-2010, 03:29 PM
They are complaining about THIS winter? It's a mild one! I usually ask people like that when are they moving to Florida.

:yeahthat:

catroddick
01-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh, they'd complain about the real estate prices, or air quality. Some people just need to complain.

jent
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
They are complaining about THIS winter? It's a mild one!

I'm waiting for us to get "real" snow! DD wants to play with her new sled & make a snowman. We're getting slushy wintry mix today that is now just rain.

newg
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
seriously.......I laugh when people complain here about winters....cincy people "freak" when we get some ice or snow...........and I always think back to the 7 years in New England; now that's a winter!!

If you just moved to a place...you get a little slack for complaining about new "winter" conditions.....but if you've lived there a while, give me a break!

StantonHyde
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I hear it all. the. time. yeesh, people. Learn to ski--downhill or xcountry, snowshoe, do something OUTSIDE. That's why I live here.

brgnmom
01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
seriously.......I laugh when people complain here about winters....cincy people "freak" when we get some ice or snow...........and I always think back to the 7 years in New England; now that's a winter!!

If you just moved to a place...you get a little slack for complaining about new "winter" conditions.....but if you've lived there a while, give me a break!

:yeahthat: I know someone who has lived here in New England for over ten years and she still complains to me about the weather. It is old news, seriously. I've been here for going on four years and have also lived in NY for a few years, and don't mind the snow itself. It's just not being able to drive in certain conditions that sucks (after my car accident because of icy road conditions, I've learned my lesson the hard way that I should be okay to stay at home when necessary).

citymama
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
LoL. I complained all the time and moved as soon as I could. ;) Then found myself back in New England 6 years later. Fled to sunny CA as soon as I could - OK, we have winter rain storms but it never gets below freezing! Enjoy the snow!

pastrygirl
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I complain, but usually only to my husband. ;) I AM DYING TO MOVE, but we can't yet. I agree that this is a mild winter, though.

Corie
01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I used to complain all the time about the Texas heat. I never got used
to it. I got tired of pitting out my shirts just walking to the mailbox.

bubbaray
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Its like people here in Vancouver complaining about the rain. People. Listen up. It RAINS here. A lot. Get over it. If you don't like it, move. Because it ain't gonna stop raining just because you whine.

I also particularly love the people who can't drive in the rain (or snow in your case). WTF is up with that? It freakin' rains 24/7, 365 days a year here (or so it seems) -- if you can't drive in the rain, you'd better start walking cuz the weather ain't changin.

Sheesh.

brgnmom
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I also particularly love the people who can't drive in the rain (or snow in your case). WTF is up with that? It freakin' rains 24/7, 365 days a year here (or so it seems) -- if you can't drive in the rain, you'd better start walking cuz the weather ain't changin.

Sheesh.

I just got into a car accident when it started snowing and it was icy... on new year's eve. Pretty sensitive topic. It's just not safe to drive under certain conditions. No complaints... it is what it is.

fortato
01-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I just got into a car accident when it started snowing and it was icy... on new year's eve. Pretty sensitive topic. It's just not safe to drive under certain conditions. No complaints... it is what it is.

Your situation is different from the idiots PP was talking about.

brgnmom
01-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Your situation is different from the idiots PP was talking about.

thank you for pointing that out. I think I misunderstood.

My mind is sort of in shock also because a Republican replaced Kennedy's seat, and I feel upset for the Kennedy family.

sarahsthreads
01-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh, I know, people are constantly complaining about the cold and snow here too.

And then there's the weather forecasters: "OMG, there's going to be 2 or 3 inches of snow! Doom and gloom and armageddon, we're all going to DIE because there's snow and below-freezing temperatures in western NY in January!!!" (OK, I might be paraphrasing a bit here...) But it drives me nuts. We get an average of 100 inches of snow here every year, so, every now and then we're going to have to get more than an inch of snow in a day, right?

Sarah :)

fortato
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
thank you for pointing that out. I think I misunderstood.

My mind is sort of in shock also because a Republican replaced Kennedy's seat, and I feel upset for the Kennedy family.

No worries...

I think they picked the wrong Democrat to run. Coakley was just not a good candidate.

MolieMuts
01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I used to complain all the time about the Texas heat. I never got used
to it. I got tired of pitting out my shirts just walking to the mailbox.

I can't help but complain in the summer when everyday is above 100. I would love to move but we can't right now. We are actually going to drive 10 hours so that my 5 yr old can see "real" snow. The flurries we had in December is the only snow he knows.