PDA

View Full Version : Earths Best Maple Teething Biscuits

knoelani
01-19-2010, 11:28 PM
This seems like a silly question, but is maple ok for babies? My son is 8 months old and has 6 teeth. He's a big time chewer and seems to have been and will continue popping teeth out daily. I've avoided all dairy, wheat, soy..etc. with him so far and didn't know if maple was ok. He really needs something to chew (other than every toy and his fingers!). Thanks for anyone who can provide some insight.

Katigre
01-19-2010, 11:31 PM
My DS really liked the Healthy Times teething biscuits that were dairy-free/soy-free (he was intolerant of both) when he was under a year old. We didn't do Earth's Best b/c they had soy in them (IIRC).

misshollygolightly
01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
We love the Earth's Best Wheat and Barley teething biscuits ourselves. I'm not super-knowledgeable about food allergies (I'm sure someone else will pipe in here soon), but I do know that it is possible to have an allergic reaction to maple. But unless you have a reason to suspect your child is susceptible to food allergies (like, he's had issues in the past, or they run in the family), I don't think you necessarily need to avoid it. So far as I know, there are no general guidelines for not introducing it before a certain age (as there are for honey, cow's milk, etc.). I'd also be curious as to how much maple product is actually in the biscuits--where is it listed on the ingredients label? I'd probably be inclined to give it to my child, but watch closely.

knoelani
01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Thank you both! They are actually the Healthy Times, I don't know why I said Earths Best, guess I just had that stuck in my head. So far he hasn't shown any problems with the fruits and veggies he's had and we don't know about family history with allergies, he's adopted.

maestramommy
01-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hijack, but are the Healthy Times biscuits available at Target or Walmart?

knoelani
01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't remember where I got them...I know it was one of three stores, Target, Walmart, or Buy Buy Baby, I just don't remember which one. I got them about a month ago and have just hesitated giving them to him.