PDA

View Full Version : True Fit (not Premier) or Roundabout

lmr1101
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I have to decide by tomorrow... do I go with the True Fit (not the Premier just the C630) or the Britax Roundabout?
Most of the reviews I have seen are for the Premier version and people seem to love it, but haven't heard as much about the 630 model.
I have a large credit at a store that doesn't carry the Premier so that's why I can't consider that version... so if that is the case should I just stick with the Roundabout?
Thank you for your advise!

AnnieW625
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
The True Fit whether or not a premier is going to be a larger seat than the Roundabout. If you have a smaller car and want a seat that's easy to install then I would just go with the Roundabout. It gets most kids to at least 2 rear facing, and at least 3, but if you have a small child it might last even longer than that. The True Fit will last most kids until they are 4 or 5 because it has higher harness slots and is a bigger overall seat, but it can be harder to install because it is bigger.

o_mom
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Without any other details, I would get a TrueFit. It will last much longer than a Roundabout (assuming the 40 lb model and not a 50?). It it still a good seat - the Premier has the anti-rebound base, but being able to remain rear-facing longer outweighs the rear-facing tether on the smaller Roundabout, IMO.

jjordan
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
If you are talking about the roundabout50 then it would be a closer call. But comparing a regular roundabout vs a regular truefit, I'd go with a truefit.

lmr1101
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions already.
I should clarify, it is the Roundabout 50 that I was comparing to the True Fit. My daughter is almost 11 months old and has been at the 50% mark for her weight. Her height is a little bit shorter, closer to the 30% mark. Both height and weight have stayed at those percentages since about 2 months.

o_mom
01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestions already.
I should clarify, it is the Roundabout 50 that I was comparing to the True Fit. My daughter is almost 11 months old and has been at the 50% mark for her weight. Her height is a little bit shorter, closer to the 30% mark. Both height and weight have stayed at those percentages since about 2 months.

Oooo... well, then... that's a bit tougher. :) I don't think you can go wrong with either choice there. Maybe try them both in your car and see which one seems to be a better fit.

jackyl08
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I really love the Roundabout 50 that we have for my mom. If you are using LATCH, the installation is really pretty easy and it has the rearfacing tether. IMO, the best thing about the RA50 is the harness adjuster. It is so nice. Much nicer than the MA, really. It's sooo smooth. The RA50 also has three crotch strap positions. It really is a nice seat. The RA50 does install easily with a seatbelt, too, but it does not have the lockoffs, so I use a locking clip to keep it from tipping due to the locking seatbelts.

jjordan
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
I personally would go with the roundabout 50 because it can be tethered rearfacing, which to *me* is important when RF toddlers.

I agree with o_mom, give both a try and see what you think. Either is a good choice that will most likely get your dd RF to 35# (probably until at least age 3 given her growth so far) and FF until she is ready to go into a booster (age 5-6).