PDA

View Full Version : help with "puzzling" together three across

nyc_mom
01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi,

Okay, so I have three seat I need to fit in the back row of my Toyota Sienna. The back row has a 60-40 split (at least that's what i think its called). Anyway, I have a Parkway SG, a Decathlon, and a Graco TB. Any suggestions before I squeeze my 7 month pregnant self into the back and start installing?

TIA!

jackyl08
01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I would start with the DC in the middle. If that doesn't work, try the boosters side by side, but I doubt they will fit that way. The Turbo, IME, is not great for puzzling, but the lack of armrests on the Parkway should help the situation some. If the boosters are a tight fit, I would just leave them buckled, loosen them, get child in, tighten, repeat. Is this a permanant arrangement? If so, leaving the boosters buckled would work pretty well.

mikeys_mom
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I would try TB - DC - PW (going from passenger to driver side).

Because of the 60/40 split, I find in my sienna it is always easiest with the widest seat on the "40" portion (outboard passenger). Because of how the seatbelt stalks are situated, you don't gain much extra space by installing a narrow seat in the outboard passenger side seat.

Good luck!

nyc_mom
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. What if I put a radian in the back and then have a Radian, Decathlon, and a Parkway SG? What would you guys suggest then? Still the same set up?

Thanks again!

jjordan
01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. What if I put a radian in the back and then have a Radian, Decathlon, and a Parkway SG? What would you guys suggest then? Still the same set up?

Thanks again!

Yeah, probably, because the Radian & DC puzzle well, so it makes sense to have them next to each other. And the DC is up on a base so it will probably be easier to buckle the seatbelt for the PW if it's next to the DC instead of next to the Radian.

But you really never know until you try! :)

Another thing to consider is the placement of your top tether anchors.

mikeys_mom
01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah, probably, because the Radian & DC puzzle well, so it makes sense to have them next to each other. And the DC is up on a base so it will probably be easier to buckle the seatbelt for the PW if it's next to the DC instead of next to the Radian.

But you really never know until you try! :)

Another thing to consider is the placement of your top tether anchors.

I agree. At one point I had a FR-MA-Clek Oto booster (only available in Canada) in the 3rd row. It was pretty easy to buckle the booster because the MA was on a base.

If your sienna is similar to mine, you will have 2 TT's in the 3rd row - passenger and middle. So, it would be best to put the PW on the driver's side where there is no TT.