PDA

View Full Version : Buckle Carriers for 3 months and up - Lillebaby? Beco? Pikkolo?

mpbaby
01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
We have been using a Bjorn with our daughter, who is 3 months old and 15 pounds. It kills my back, though my husband likes it fine.

We use an Ergo with our son, who is 23 months old, and I just tried it with our daughter and she's too small for it still - cried like the world was ending.

Is there another buckle carrier that would be good for her? LilleBaby? Beco? Pikkolo? I don't mind getting another carrier like the Ergo. I just want something that can accommodate her from now til she's about 2 years old.

Thanks!

boltfam
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I do not have one myself, but I have heard that the Becos are good for infants, too.

citymama
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Your cheapest option is to buy the Ergo infant insert for about $25 new or use a folded up receiving blanket behind her when using the Ergo. The Beco comes with the infant insert, but that would mean slapping down another $139 for a carrier which is a lot like the Ergo. I hear the Pikkolo is good for tall moms but not for smaller or more petitie women.

newg
01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
We have the ergo, which DH loves but I do not......I feel like it's too much for me....................I had it narrowed down to the Pikkolo and the Beco and decided on the Pikkolo........I'm 5'5'' and small framed and I love it...........I like that when I wear DD on the front I can criss-cross the straps across my back or have them back-pack style. I also like that I can wear DD front facing in or out and on my back...so I feel like there are more options, depending on what we're doing and what her mood is.

AnnieW625
01-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I have a bad back and love my Beco. I was very late to the baby wearing game and didn't get mine until DD was over a year, but I found it really easy to use and I liked it more than the Ergo, esp. getting a toddler into it. I haven't used the Beco for front carrying, but can't wait to try when #2 arrives.

JacksMommy
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
A Beco or a Pikkolo would be a great alternative to the ERGO. Both have narrower bases than the ERGO so are better for smaller babies. Plus, they come in much cuter patterns! :)