PDA

View Full Version : Skinny t-shirts for me

Momof3Labs
01-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm not skinny or tall, but like wearing skinny, longer t-shirts under hoodies and sweaters. My current short-sleeved ones are looking hideous. I know that I got them at Costco but I don't know if Costco still carries them. I want to pay less than $10 each.

What are your current favorites??

Twoboos
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Just saw a bunch on clearance at Target, I think they were Merona, or maybe Mossimo - it's sad but I always get those brand names mixed up! Either way, they were 100% cotton.

DebbieJ
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
If you find some locally, let me know! I need some longer shirts, too. Helps mask the belly pooch. :)

Momof3Labs
01-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Wanted to add that I got these at Costco once during one of those weekend traveling sales, and loved them. I even wore them through most of my TWIN pregnancy - lots of stretch and give, and were longer than most maternity tees. They were about $26 for two at Costco. I won't pay $20 each online - they just don't last around here (baby messes, kid messes, etc.), and my budget isn't that big.

http://www.themodbod.com/Products/Perfect-Tee__1005.aspx

Melaine
01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Just saw a bunch on clearance at Target, I think they were Merona, or maybe Mossimo - it's sad but I always get those brand names mixed up! Either way, they were 100% cotton.

I also say check Target clearance. Several years in a row I have found the long lean tanks on clearance and they are the best. Slim cut with just the right amount of stretch and they were long enough and stretchy enough for me to wear my entire pregnancy and I still wear them now. I love them. The ones I like are Mossimo, I am pretty sure.

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Keep an eye out for these to go down because they are really nice ($15 each):
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EH-252975&page=1&cgname=OSSLPLOUTPS&rfnbr=5246

Beth

tarahsolazy
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I wear Shade tees, the baby tee (now called layering tee, I think) and the perfect tee. The perfect I can wear alone, even though its cut pretty narrow. The other is really meant for under stuff, so too tight for me to wear alone. The necklines are cut pretty high, since they are supposed to be "modest", but I like that. Not rocking a plunge neck around here.

You can generally get them on sale for around $10 each, sometimes much cheaper if you watch the sales.

www.shadeclothing.com

I am short, 5'1", and wear a size 8. I prefer a medium or large size in both tees. (I could probably wear a small, but it would be SKIN tight)

Reina
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
GAP favorite t in tall sizes are my favorite. Also at target there is a brand called xhiliration. long and good quality t's...

daisymommy
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I have found lots of long T's at Old Navy lately. They come down to my thighs.

pastrygirl
01-24-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.downeastbasics.com/

I used to like Shade, but prefer Down East Basics much more. The last batch I ordered were much thinner and more papery than previous orders, though. I can't wear them alone the way I could all the other DEB shirts I have.

zephyr
01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
These shirts from american eagle are my absolute favorite right now. Although they do run small, so size up. They are a perfect blend of cotton and polyester and are a longer length than most shirts. http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90092&productId=4373_9573

C99
01-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Shade Clothing - I just got 3 camis and a t-shirt for under $25 shipped. LOVE them. They are seriously the only t-shirt I wear or buy anymore because they hold up well and look great. And they are long, long, long. I also wear a size M in Shade at 5'9" and normally a size 4-8.

Corie
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
I was going to suggest Lands End. I bought a bunch of long sleeve
white t-shirts and I wear one every single day under everything!! I really
love them!!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleeveSolidModern1x1RibCrewTee~193411_59.html? bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000002142&origin=index

I think it's this shirt. I buy Fit 1 - Modern Fit. This fit is fitted without
being too tight. And it's longer. Perfect for layering.
I just love these shirts!!

ciw
01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I was going to suggest Lands End.

If you like Land's End, you may want to RUN there. I bought a slew of both long-sleeve and short-sleeve shirts there this weekend for $5 each! They had several different "fits" on sale but were starting to get limited in sizes in some colors.

DrSally
01-31-2010, 11:28 PM
I was going to suggest Lands End. I bought a bunch of long sleeve
white t-shirts and I wear one every single day under everything!! I really
love them!!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleeveSolidModern1x1RibCrewTee~193411_59.html? bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000002142&origin=index

I think it's this shirt. I buy Fit 1 - Modern Fit. This fit is fitted without
being too tight. And it's longer. Perfect for layering.
I just love these shirts!!

Those are the ones I get--Modern fit #1. I stocked up at the end of the summer season.

PAfirsttimemom
01-31-2010, 11:55 PM
I also bought a few modern-fit long-sleeved tees at Sears/Land's End this weekend, though they were $6.50 each at my store. Turtlenecks were $7.50. Still a great deal. The whole LE Shop was 40 or 50% off already reduced prices.

Momof3Labs
02-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Update: Got a few Target tees for $8 and they were okay but not stretchy. Ordered a couple of Shades layering tees on clearance and don't care for the neckline - it's a little wide for my neck, and my bra straps peek out. Like the fabric, though. Today I picked up some of the Lands End modern fit tees for 6.50 so we'll see how those work. I haven't tried them on yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Corie
02-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Update: Today I picked up some of the Lands End modern fit tees for 6.50 so we'll see how those work. I haven't tried them on yet.

Lori,

Have you tried the Land's End tees yet? What do you think?

DebbieJ
02-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Update: Got a few Target tees for $8 and they were okay but not stretchy. Ordered a couple of Shades layering tees on clearance and don't care for the neckline - it's a little wide for my neck, and my bra straps peek out. Like the fabric, though. Today I picked up some of the Lands End modern fit tees for 6.50 so we'll see how those work. I haven't tried them on yet.

So did you find any clearance toys while you were shopping for those tees at Sears? :wink2:

Momof3Labs
02-04-2010, 12:33 AM
So did you find any clearance toys while you were shopping for those tees at Sears? :wink2:

I totally flippin' forgot to even check. I was racing around trying to hit as much as I could and get back home by bedtime and it totally slipped my mind. Carson's had some really good clearance racks for the kids, though!

Corie - I tried the LE shirts on and think that they might do the trick. They have a different feel (a softer strech, if that makes sense) so I wonder how they'll do underneath a sweater or hoodie compared to the smoother tees I've been wearing for a while now.

Corie
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Corie - I tried the LE shirts on and think that they might do the trick. They have a different feel (a softer strech, if that makes sense) so I wonder how they'll do underneath a sweater or hoodie compared to the smoother tees I've been wearing for a while now.

I wear one every day under my sweaters and hoodies. And, these tees
makes my boobs look big. :)

srhs
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I stock up at Old Navy when they have their crazy sales...like $3 each, limit 5. I like the stretch to them. I do not like the inconsistent sizing.