PDA

View Full Version : Okay so Gap has gone down hill or is this my fault?

AnnieW625
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM
A few weeks ago while switching the clothes from the washer to the dryer DH noticed a long thin piece of tube fabric that got sheered off of something and was left in the washer. It looked like the washer had taken the toe off of one of DH's socks. Threw it away, thought nothing of it. So this morning I go to pull out my newish (bought in early December) black Gap maternity turtleneck and notice that one sleeve is half missing! OMG, that's what that piece of material was we thought was a sock! It was the sleeve to my sweater.

Thankfully I got the sweater on sale for $20 I think so no big loss in $$$, but still kind of annoying. I have been wearing 4 yr. old Liz Lange (Target), Gap Maternity, and Motherhood Maternity stuff (which last time around I thought was okay but not great, def. the cheapest feeling maternity stuff I had) and it's worn much nicer than the current Gap stuff (although I do really like one dress, and a pair of pants).

So, do I take the sweater back to the GAP and complain about the quality and that I washed it exactly per the instructions, which I did or do I chalk this up to my stupidity because the sweater most likely got stuck in the washer door?

DrSally
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
GaP IS going downhill. There was a long thread about it awhile ago. I find that the boys sleeves are now exceptionally short. Almost like they want to force you to buy more clothes.

AnnieW625
01-21-2010, 03:44 PM
GaP IS going downhill. There was a long thread about it awhile ago. I find that the boys sleeves are now exceptionally short. Almost like they want to force you to buy more clothes.

Yeah I remember that thread from right after Thanksgiving, that's when I bought my stuff. I wasn't suprised that some stuff like the maternity jeans and cords I tried didn't fit right because they hadn't the first time, but this is just shocking. Even years ago when everything at Gap ran small I thought they quality was good that I'd just buy things a size bigger and was happy. DD's gotten two years worth out of some gap leggings, and a hoodie we bought last year or the year before. Soo sad because I had been happy with the Gap Kids stuff, and some basics like tees for me.

niccig
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
It's going down. I bought a fleece jacket with a friends/family coupon before Thanksgiving. It is all pilled and it's not the end of Jan yet. For clothes for me that I want to last, I prefer Banana Republic and use the friends/family coupon to make it cheaper. I do buy Gap jeans though.

Zansu
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I would absolutely take it back, and I would demand a refund, not a merchandise credit. If you're persistant, they will cave.

citymama
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
I would absolutely take it back, and I would demand a refund, not a merchandise credit. If you're persistant, they will cave.

:yeahthat: I totally agree. Sounds like a bad quality item and you should get a refund.

boltfam
01-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Definately take it in and be persistent. When I've had issues like this with Gap, they have always been accommodating....usually after some convincing.

Melaine
01-22-2010, 10:18 AM
:yeahthat: I totally agree. Sounds like a bad quality item and you should get a refund.

:yeahthat:

veronica
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
when I buy at gap, my expectation is that it will last as long as anything from Walmart and such. I have never liked the quality since DD was born, and now just stick to the sale rack or final sale items. Then the price I pay, is what it's worth.

Hope you get your money back!

viba424
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I think somebody should send a link to this thread and the other thread to the corporate office and tell them that word is getting out on their rapidly decreasing quality and reputation. If each of us complain to our local Gap part-timer, nothing meaningful will ever likely happen. I like to send off "get your head out of your butt" emails now and then. I really think it helps. :applause:

JTsMom
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I've had bad luck with the Gap stuff I bought this time too- really junky T's, which were cute when I bought them. Last time around, my Gap stuff- most of which was even Gap OUTLET stuff, lasted and looked great throughout. Total letdown.

boltfam
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I think somebody should send a link to this thread and the other thread to the corporate office and tell them that word is getting out on their rapidly decreasing quality and reputation. If each of us complain to our local Gap part-timer, nothing meaningful will ever likely happen. I like to send off "get your head out of your butt" emails now and then. I really think it helps. :applause:

:yeahthat:

C99
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I've had bad luck with the Gap stuff I bought this time too- really junky T's, which were cute when I bought them. Last time around, my Gap stuff- most of which was even Gap OUTLET stuff, lasted and looked great throughout. Total letdown.

Half the time, I find the quality of the outlet to be better than what is in-store.

jenfromnj
01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Half the time, I find the quality of the outlet to be better than what is in-store.

ITA with this! My mom bought DS a bunch of outlet clothes, and they have worn better than the regular Gap stuff he has.

I also hate their newest version of Long and Lean jeans--they are my all-time favorite style, but now I hate both the fabric (it seems so thin) and the cut. So disappointing.