PDA

View Full Version : BBB's co-op board open to new members

oneplustwo
01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
The co-op group originally known as the BBB Co-op - now called Spavin' Mavens - is open to new members!

We accept members of the BBB that have 6 months membership and 100 posts.

There is a maximum amount of members for the group and we will close again if we meet that number.

Please use this link and follow the directions:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/SpavinMavens/index.php?act=idx

You will need to register on the board, then log in and follow the instructions so that your membership can be approved. Also, once you register and log in, you will be able to learn more details about the group and how it works. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.

- Anne

DrSally
01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Can you just give me a general idea of what this is about?

MoJo
01-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Can you just give me a general idea of what this is about?

Me too, please!

oneplustwo
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Well, it's a bulk purchasing group that was originally established exclusively for members of the BBB. We try to use the power of many to get great discounts on all sorts of products - lots of stuff for babies and kids, not to mention for mamas. You could look through old threads in this forum to get an idea of what kinds of group buys we've done in the past. Toys and games, clothing, baby equipment, you name it.

DrSally
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks! That's sort of what I figured. Yet another reason to shop :)

alirebco
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Definitely interested!

bubbaray
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Can someone tell me if you have to post your home address to the coop board (survey?)? That is why I left the former Yahoo group. I don't want my home address public (I have a separate shipping address).

TIA

KrisM
01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Can someone tell me if you have to post your home address to the coop board (survey?)? That is why I left the former Yahoo group. I don't want my home address public (I have a separate shipping address).

TIA

The survey has a line for "city/state of residence", but I didn't see where it required an actual house address.

oneplustwo
01-31-2010, 04:14 AM

TIA

As Kris said, the survey just asks for your town/city and state. But in any case the survey is not posted to the board; you just email the survey answers to a separate email account. And once you're a member, you never post even your shipping address on the board now. Things are a lot more private and secure since we moved from the Yahoo group.

oneplustwo
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
A few BBBers have registered for the co-op group but haven't finished the process so that they can get approved for membership. Please remember that after registering on the board to follow the steps listed there so that you can come join the fun. :)

Any questions, feel free to post here or pm me.

alirebco
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
A few BBBers have registered for the co-op group but haven't finished the process so that they can get approved for membership. Please remember that after registering on the board to follow the steps listed there so that you can come join the fun. :)

Any questions, feel free to post here or pm me.

Whoops, I thought I just had to log in and I was done. Thanks for letting me know about the rest of the steps!

seven_scuba
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Whoops, I thought I just had to log in and I was done. Thanks for letting me know about the rest of the steps!

If it's been very long since you logged in you may need to reregister. It automatically deletes them after a while.

-Karli

oneplustwo
03-28-2010, 08:59 AM

No worries, Alicia, you are all set. Your registration was taken care of a while ago, once you completed the last steps. :) But as Karli mentioned, if someone registers for the board but waits too long to finish the other steps (I think it's perhaps longer than 30 days?), then their original registration gets deleted and that person would have to register again.

seven_scuba
06-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Bump. :ROTFLMAO:

seven_scuba
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
We're ramping up our Back-To-School and Christmas buys right now.

From DS: :love5: :ROTFLMAO:

rbsmom
08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
How long does it normally take to be approved for the BBB? Thanks!

oneplustwo
08-06-2010, 06:17 PM
How long does it normally take to be approved for the BBB? Thanks!

We try to check once a week for new requests and review and approve them. We are sure to go through requests monthly. If you haven't heard in two weeks since you registered for the board (and completed the other steps listed on the board), please feel free to pm or email me.

resipsaloquitur
08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Is there a reason for the six month rule? I can understand that you should be here for a month or two, and def. have had some posts, but it seems like I won't use it as much six months from now (newbie here) when I've already bought a lot of the baby gear I need.

oneplustwo
08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Is there a reason for the six month rule? I can understand that you should be here for a month or two, and def. have had some posts, but it seems like I won't use it as much six months from now (newbie here) when I've already bought a lot of the baby gear I need.

The group's members have kids of all ages. My own kids are 9 years and almost 7 years old. Many of our buys are for items just for adults (great stuff for moms!) or for kids of all ages, including older kids. So, we are not a buying group that focuses solely on baby gear. And, as you can imagine, the stuff you want/need for your kids, your family and yourself continues waaaay after your kids are babies. :)