PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about ebates/Bing other cash back programs

niccig
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I know your savvy Bargain Hunters use a cashback program. I know nothing about it, please educate me.

THanks,
Nicci

sewarsh
01-21-2010, 03:54 PM
you have 5000+ votes and know nothing about it!!?!?! :)

i do Ebates & just signed up for Bing b/c of the 25% CB for Gap, etc. Made me $80 so far so i highly recommend. Ebates is really easy and people hvae had complaints aobut getting $ back from Bing. someone just posted something recently. do a search adn you should find the thread.

niccig
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
you have 5000+ votes and know nothing about it!!?!?! :)

I know, I've been here for over 5 years and I'm a bargain-poser.

So how do you get the cash back?

You have to go to their web site first, and then click through to another web site???

Is one better than another???

Educate me please!

zoestargrove
01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll bump this post up because apparently, I'm a bing idiot and need some education too.

I'm also not an expert on other sites, but I've used both ebates and fatwallet so I'll share with you what I know. (which admittedly is little and possibly flawed.) how's that for a credible reference?

you first have to register.

When I'm going to make an online purchase (let's pretend it's at Gap) I will check both sites by searching in their list of participating retailers and see which site offers the best cash back percentage.

You then click on the link to that retailer (Gap) and it will take you to the Gap and record your purchase...and after a certain amount of time it will apply the percentage of your total purchase to your cash back account.

You can choose to have your money sent to your paypal account or have a check sent to you. Typically, you have to have over a certain amount of money in your account to get paid back.

hope that makes some sense.

Kelly

cicada
01-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Bing works the same way. I've had no trouble with cash back from either bing or ebates (but I have with Parenting Privileges, which is the cash back program for Parenting magazine subscribers).

There is actually a website that shows you the cash back percentages at bing, ebates and other sites -- www.evreward.com. You type in the store, e.g., gap.com, and it will list the cash back offers. I have read that evreward is not always up to date, but I find it useful.

I have gotten back over $500 from bing and ebates in about 15 months, so definitely worthwhile as far as I'm concerned! (And yes, I buy everything -- or my husband might say way too much -- online!)

niccig
01-22-2010, 03:28 AM
THank you Kelly and cicada...I have been remiss in not joining a cash back program...that's a nice chunk of change to save...and I do buy a lot online. Trick will be to get DH to use it as well.

cicada
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
that's been pretty impossible in my case, but at least I do most of the online shopping :-)

KrisM
01-23-2010, 08:58 PM
THank you Kelly and cicada...I have been remiss in not joining a cash back program...that's a nice chunk of change to save...and I do buy a lot online. Trick will be to get DH to use it as well.

DH doesn't use it. He emails me what I should order and I look for the best sites and order for him.

www.evreward.com (http://www.evreward.com) compares all the cash back sites, so it's easy to find which gives the best results at different stores.

npace19147
01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
You all are dangerous! This email combined with the one on the Clarisonic convinced me to sign up for Bing and buy one of the Mias off the Sephora website - b/c hey, I got almost $30 cash back with Bing! :)

niccig
01-24-2010, 12:46 AM
You all are dangerous! This email combined with the one on the Clarisonic convinced me to sign up for Bing and buy one of the Mias off the Sephora website - b/c hey, I got almost $30 cash back with Bing! :)

I'm going to do this too...it's why I asked about Bing.

clc053103
01-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I have had issues where BING doesn't give the cash back if you got another discount on the purchase- like a coupon. However, I have only ever had that issue with Ebates 1 time (it was babyearth.com, for the record!). And my ebates checks are always on time.

baymom
01-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Okay, so I just registered with Bing this weekend and have a question. Do they actually snail mail a check to my house? There was a screen to sign up to get money back onto a paypal account that I didn't do, since I don't have one. Is the default that it just gets mailed to me? TIA!