PDA

View Full Version : Question about positioning of high back booster?

JustMe
01-22-2010, 02:14 AM
My almost 7 yr old daughter rides in a Graco Turbo High back booster. Her head is positioned correctly according to the pics/instructions, but the lower strap of the seatbelt seems to end up more on the bottom part of her legs. This doesn't seem right, but the instructions stress that the seatbelt should not be too high, so I am not sure ...any ideas from just this description.

niccig
01-22-2010, 03:26 AM
My almost 7 yr old daughter rides in a Graco Turbo High back booster. Her head is positioned correctly according to the pics/instructions, but the lower strap of the seatbelt seems to end up more on the bottom part of her legs. This doesn't seem right, but the instructions stress that the seatbelt should not be too high, so I am not sure ...any ideas from just this description.

The lap portion of the seat belt is supposed to be low, on the hips, and not on the belly. The Turbo is supposed to be pretty good for the belt fit.

Joolsplus2
01-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Yup, the lower, the better. Scroll down a bit on this page, you'll see what good vs. bad belt fit looks like on the lap... http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/boosters/default.html

JustMe
01-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks. Wow, we actually have the correct positioning then. It just looks so weird to me. It just looks like their legs would break or the lower seat belt would not hold them in during a crash with the belt lying so low....obviously the reseach knows more than me though!

Joolsplus2
01-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Makes me try to put my own lapbelt lower, it usually even rides up on my generously proportioned hips to my belly :p ;)

JustMe
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Makes me try to put my own lapbelt lower, it usually even rides up on my generously proportioned hips to my belly :p ;)

Yeah, me too! No way it would stay under my belly anyway, though!