PDA

View Full Version : LLBean Outerwear Sale

ThreeofUs
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Just got an email that LLB is discounting their sale outerwear. Looks like limited sizes, but *really* good deals.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6731?qei=152005730&qs=3020772

iaam
01-22-2010, 11:36 AM
This is great since they have the sizes/sytles I am looking for -- thanks OP!

Anyone have a free shipping code? TIA

lilhilly
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I have been stalking LL Bean's site and waiting for the prices to go down so I could use my $10 promo gift card (before 2/16 when it expires), but I missed this! I just ordered a 3T warmup jacket for DD for next year, a 4T warmup jacket for the year after that, and a size 5-6 warmup jacket for DS for next year as well, plus some Katahdin bibs for now and two fleece hats . . . all for $82.94, plus 5% Discover cashback! Yowza!

Minnifer
01-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Does LL Bean's outerwear run similar in size/fit to Lands End? I find LE to be a bit short and wide for DD, so just wondering if I should try LLB for next year.

sewarsh
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
but of course, the darn sled wont go on sale and noone selling any in my area on CL. ugh!

lilhilly
01-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Does LL Bean's outerwear run similar in size/fit to Lands End? I find LE to be a bit short and wide for DD, so just wondering if I should try LLB for next year.

We haven't had any LE, so I can't compare, but IMO, LLB runs big in the infant sizes and TTS in toddler and kids. If you like longer outerwar, their parkas are cinched at the waist and go down from there -- DD is wearing a Katahdin parka right now that goes plenty low, halfway to her knees I would say (she's 2.5 y/o, so that's just a couple of inches :-)). DS is wearing a Wildcat jacket that is definitely shorter than the parkas but which I've never found to be too short. HTH.

jjordan
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM

My dd is currently wearing a size 3T LLB parka & snow pants that she wore last winter too (she is 3 yrs 9 months now). They were a little big last winter but they definitely still fit this winter. With regular clothes, she is kind of between sizes 3T and 4T.

I can't directly compare to LE, sorry. I did get her LE size 5/6, little kids medium, for next winter; she is currently in the small end of their size small according to their charts.

ETA - I tried a LE size 3T on dd last night and it does fit a little wider than her LLB size 3T.

ljackson
01-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks so much - I have been deliberating about the fleece jackets for ages and have just ordered 4 because the price was so good!

toby
01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I have been very happy with the LL Bean jackets for my 5yr old long, skinny guy. He has been wearing the parkas (not sure which one, but it is lined with fleece, including a lined hood and cinches at the waist like PP mentioned) since he was 2. He also has a berber-like fleece that fits a little wider, but it is definitely long enough.

toby
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64862?from=SR&feat=sr

I think that this is the one that we have had (is longer and narrower IRL)-- if you don't mind the color, this one is $29!

jess_g
01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I must ask, in the link above is the color for a boy or a girl? My son has this jacket in 4T and I think its the best mid weight jacket that I have found for him. I am thinking of ordering him one for next year, but not sure about the color. Any thoughts?

Jessica.

ett
01-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I must ask, in the link above is the color for a boy or a girl? My son has this jacket in 4T and I think its the best mid weight jacket that I have found for him. I am thinking of ordering him one for next year, but not sure about the color. Any thoughts?

Jessica.

I think the color would be fine for a boy.

toby
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Jess G: I think that it is a boy color...although a girl might wear it.

I am now realizing that this is not the jacket that we have (it is mid-weight, like you said and not the parka).

We have the equivalent of this in a size 4. It looks like they don't even have it anymore...
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/60467?from=SR&feat=sr

I apologize for any confusion that I have added to this thread!

lilhilly
01-23-2010, 10:49 PM

Jessica.

This is exactly the jacket I bought for my 4 y/o for next year, in size 5-6. And he is a boy :-)

swampnurse
01-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for reminding me about the gift cards that expired in Feb. I just got my daughter one of the ultraplush fleece jackets in chocolate for $2.99 after using bith gifts cards and my LL Bean credit card. Yippee!

bluestar2
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Jessica.

I would buy it for either a boy or girl.

Minnifer
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Darn it - I took too long deciding what I wanted and totally forgot that the sale was ending yesterday. Grrrr.

Do you think that they will have another sale before the end of the season?