PDA

View Full Version : Favorite World Showcase TS restaurant?

fivi2
01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Debating adding a TS dinner in the world showcase at EP. me, dh, and 4.5 yo twin girls. Princesses are not a must (but not ruled out). We don't want to trek back to future world, so no garden grill or coral reef.

Which do you enjoy? I have read the menus, but it is so hard to tell based on that!

TIA!

billysmommy
01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
We love Rose & Crown in UK (the fish and chips and cider are TDF) and San Angel Inn in Mexico. We were leery about trying San Angel Inn since we read a lot of bad reviews but its the one DH and I look forward to the most now, plus its inside the Mexican pavilion and the atmosphere is amazing.

JTsMom
01-24-2010, 12:41 AM
We had a bad experience at San Angel. We won't be going back, and I would have been seriously bummed if we'd paid out of pocket. DH loves Rose & Crown though. The Italian place has a lot of fans, as does the German one, and of course there's Le Cellier in Canada.

Momof3Labs
01-24-2010, 01:01 AM
I've tried a few of the TS in WS (Italy, France, Mexico, maybe some others?) and honestly feel that it's worth it to make the trek back to Garden Grill...

egoldber
01-24-2010, 09:19 AM
I like Mexico because it is quiet and dark LOL!

Biergarten is fun but loud. The restaurant in Morocco is fun in odd sort of way but is has some of the better food IMO.

We do like the Rose&Crown. You can get the same fish and chips and beer atthe CS place and eat at the tables overlooking the lake if the weather is nice.

fivi2
01-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks! I played around with the on-line adr system and it looks like we still have plenty of choices. I was leaning towards biergarten for the atmosphere, but made the mistake of looking at pics on the disboards! It doesn't look all that great. Italy looked okay but is ridiculously expensive. I will look into the others as well!

Thanks.

eta: would you just do CS? (Which ones?)

3labs Lori (there are three Loris on this thread! :) ) - we might head back up to GG, but I want to stay in WS if at all possible!

egoldber
01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
If you like middle eastern food, I think the CS food in morocco is one of the best deals in WDW. The restaurant is Tangeriene Cafe. The Mexico CS is nothing special and a long wait.

Sadly, we usually get Sarah a hot dog at the American CS because it's one of the few things she will eat.

ETA: I would defintely get CS before walkng all the way back to FW.

fivi2
01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks again Beth!

After studying menus and country locations, I went ahead and got an adr at Tutto Italia in Italy. I know it gets some mixed reviews, but the menu looks best for my picky eaters. dh vetoed biergarten and morocco! I might still switch to Japan. I am afraid of trying San Angel since we get such good Tex-mex (and interior mexican) food at home.

But, depending on how the day goes, we may skip the adr and pick up counter service snacks in different countries. And I am sure the American fast food would be the biggest hit with my girls too! I like to have the adr just in case, but it is good to know we can always cancel it.

Thanks!

catmele
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
This is a great thread for me! I am in the middle of making my ADRs for May & the choices are actually pretty open right now. One questions for Disney virgin... when do you have to cancell the ADR by? Can you do it the day of reservation if you change your mind at the last minute as mentioned in the previous post? Do you just call the Dining phone # to cancel? I have a lot of extra ADRs now just to make sure we have them but I am sure we will cancel some.

emily_gracesmama
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
CS-Tangerine cafe was awesome in Morocco and the best 1 credit sit down dinner we had was in Canada at Le Cellier, and we had no issue with the kids there either, it was yummy! Mexico is festive, but the food is just so-so, Biergarten in Germany is fun with the music and show and surprisingly great food, I wasn't sure how it'd be since I'd never had German food before but it was excellent, but it's buffet so that can be a little less relaxing.