PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Maclaren question

k_and_d
01-24-2010, 12:06 AM
I read somewhere that the 2010 Maclarens are coming out in Feb. Which models are changing for 2010? I'm thinking about getting either the Techno XT or XLR.

Thanks!

LoveBeingMrs
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Waiting for this as well... :)

LoveBeingMrs
01-25-2010, 11:39 AM
So, I just called Maclaren customer service. I was told that the 2010 Techno XT would not be available until end of February or beginning of March. They also said that they won't have information about the new model until mid-February. :thumbsdown:

k_and_d
01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
What a bummer! I think I read somewhere that the 2010 XT is not changing from the 2009 model.

Has anyone used the XLR with adapter bar for a graco seat? Is it easy to use? I have a super ancient snap-n-go which I do not like using. Was thinking about replacing it with a XLR.

GraceH
01-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Has anyone used the XLR with adapter bar for a graco seat? Is it easy to use? I have a super ancient snap-n-go which I do not like using. Was thinking about replacing it with a XLR.

It is my understanding that you need to remove the adaptor bar for folding, which, IMO, defeats much of the convenience. If you have a Maclaren-range budget, I might look into pairing your seat with a Peg Perego Si (http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-2010-si-lightweight-stroller-in-nero.html) (~$250)-- if you would like to spend less than that, I really love my Graco Mosaic (http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-mosaic-stroller-mickey-mouse-in-the-house.html)(~$110).

LoveBeingMrs
01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
What a bummer! I think I read somewhere that the 2010 XT is not changing from the 2009 model.

I was/am debating between the XT and the XLR. From what I've read, the XT gets a lot more use. XLR is 2 pounds heavier and the adapter gets annoying- most people just end up putting their LOs into the stroller in the reclined position. The one thing that I love about the XLR (and the only thing that makes me hesitate about getting the XT) is the one-handed recline mechanism on the 2009 XLRs. I was really hoping that this feature would be included in the 2010 XTs..........