PDA

View Full Version : Babies R Us Trade In

westgre
01-24-2010, 10:42 AM
BRU is doing the trade in event again from January 29-February 20. You can bring in any car seat, stroller, crib, bassinet, toddler bed, travel system, play yard, or high chair and get 25% off a new one. Trade-in items and purchased items can be from different categories and you can trade in as many items as you want.
Participating brands are: Babi Italia, Baby Cache, Baby Trend, Bergamo, Bertini, Britax, Carter's, Chicco, Contours, Cosco, Delta, Eddie Bauer, Graco, Jeep, Little Tikes, Safety 1st, Sorelle, and Step 2.

kristac
01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
does anyone remeber if you were able to stack- say the 25% trade in and a 15% off carseats q?

kellij
01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
The flyer I got today says that you cannot stack them. Who knows if they'll let you do it at your store or not though.

jenfromnj
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
does anyone remeber if you were able to stack- say the 25% trade in and a 15% off carseats q?

I know that the last time they had this promotion, a few people on another board I frequent were able to use coupons, but others weren't--it seemed to vary by store and even by individual employee, so it's definitely worth a try!

jerigirl
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
The items we bring in can be any brand, but the 25% off purchase must be from one of the participating brands, right?

Jajsmom
01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I tried to bring in an old Fisher Price Safe Embrace and she wouldn't take it. Wasn't listed as a participating brand.

emschwar
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Do you have to buy the day you bring in the trade in? Or do they give you a coupon you could use later?

twotimesblue
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Jajsmum, that's odd - on the BRU flyer it says you can bring in any used item from the categories listed to be redeemed against participating brands. Do you think you just got an unhelpful SA?

Jajsmom
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Jajsmum, that's odd - on the BRU flyer it says you can bring in any used item from the categories listed to be redeemed against participating brands. Do you think you just got an unhelpful SA?

I'm going to try another location.

Tinkerbell313
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Do you have to buy the day you bring in the trade in? Or do they give you a coupon you could use later?

It states on the website that the 25% discount is valid on the day of trade in only.

Madelyn
02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Is Britax a participating brand and do you think they will take a Britax carseat w/out a cover? I would like to keep the cover to use as a spare on another seat.

ourbabygirl
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hijack, but I have another question! :waving4:
In your opinion, would it be a good idea to trade in my Graco Snugride (I really dislike the gender-neutral colors & pattern I got originally) for a 25% coupon off a Chicco Keyfit carseat? Otherwise I would try to sell it at a garage sale, consignment sale, or Craig's List, but I'm not sure if anyone would buy it (I know it's bad to buy a used car seat). Obviously, it's never been in an accident or anything. Otherwise maybe I could donate it to a woman's shelter? I bought it in '08, so it shouldn't expire for another few years...
Is 25% off good, or would I do better to look on Amazon or other baby gear websites?
Also, I'm hoping BRU/ TRU doesn't destroy the items they get traded in? If that's the case, I definitely won't trade it in, as it could still be put to good use.

Thanks!

jerigirl
02-01-2010, 06:43 PM
In your opinion, would it be a good idea to trade in my Graco Snugride (I really dislike the gender-neutral colors & pattern I got originally) for a 25% coupon off a Chicco Keyfit carseat? Otherwise I would try to sell it at a garage sale, consignment sale, or Craig's List, but I'm not sure if anyone would buy it (I know it's bad to buy a used car seat). Obviously, it's never been in an accident or anything. Otherwise maybe I could donate it to a woman's shelter? I bought it in '08, so it shouldn't expire for another few years...
Is 25% off good, or would I do better to look on Amazon or other baby gear websites?
Also, I'm hoping BRU/ TRU doesn't destroy the items they get traded in? If that's the case, I definitely won't trade it in, as it could still be put to good use.

Thanks!

It is my understanding that they are going to destroy/dispose of everything traded in. I don't think they will take on the liability of passing this stuff on somehow.

MaiseyDog
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Anyone know if this is for instock products only? I am thinking about getting DD1 a Britax frontier, but our Babies R us does not stock these.

farm-o-rama
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Thanks!

If it's just the fabrics you don't like, you can order replacement fabric from Graco in almost any pattern you want. Find the pattern you like, then enter that carseat item number in the replacement parts search, and you'll get options to order the fabrics and shades. :)

mama2g03
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Anyone know if this is for instock products only? I am thinking about getting DD1 a Britax frontier, but our Babies R us does not stock these.

I was told it is for instock items only. I asked about a car seat in a different pattern than they had in the store and the associate said she could order it for me, but the trade-in would not apply. It wouldn't hurt to call your store and ask, in case this girl was wrong.

ourbabygirl
02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks, Farm-o-rama! I may try that. Wish the car seat went to a longer length (like 32" or so), as the one we have only goes to 29" and DD has always been in the high 9_ percentile for height! She outgrew it in height by about 6 months, I think, so we had to jump up to a convertible by then.

MeISOE
02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I had to buy a car seat the night before this started (seriously, walked in at 9:20, store closed at 9:30) in order to bring my son home from the NICU. For some reason my Graco snugride from 2 years ago (1st DS) wouldn't tighten enough for DS2, even though it said 5 lbs and up. Anyway, has anyone had BRU honor a promotion for an item if it was purchased a day before a sale? I would gladly trade in my old car seat to save 25%.

ajb524
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if I bring in something like a stroller can I use the discount on a carseat instead or is it only good for another stroller?

jerigirl
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
BRU is doing the trade in event again from January 29-February 20. You can bring in any car seat, stroller, crib, bassinet, toddler bed, travel system, play yard, or high chair and get 25% off a new one. Trade-in items and purchased items can be from different categories and you can trade in as many items as you want.
Participating brands are: Babi Italia, Baby Cache, Baby Trend, Bergamo, Bertini, Britax, Carter's, Chicco, Contours, Cosco, Delta, Eddie Bauer, Graco, Jeep, Little Tikes, Safety 1st, Sorelle, and Step 2.

You should be able to do it.

Jajsmom
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I believe you can you it on any qualifying product. So yes, you could get a carseat instead of a stroller.

Does anyone know if I bring in something like a stroller can I use the discount on a carseat instead or is it only good for another stroller?