PDA

View Full Version : BJCC and infants?

casablahnik
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi there,

I have the Baby Jogger City Classic stroller and the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat. I've been anxiously awaiting the adapter bar that will allow the Chicco seat to snap into the stroller and have just been informed by Baby Jogger customer service that the bar won't be available until April now. Boo!

I know the City Classic doesn't totally recline but it is relatively flat - I was wondering if anyone could tell me how young my child can be to be put into the stroller without a car seat (but probably with something like the Snuzzler?)?

Thanks!

arivecchi
01-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I have the double and my seat does fully recline. You can just use a snuzzler and put the baby right on the seat. It is actually better IMO because they get to stretch out a bit and your stroller is not heavier because of the car seat. I used my BJCCD with my toddler and now on-year old since the baby was a newborn (around two weeks old). The BJCC is perfectly fine with an infant. Just don't go jogging with a baby in a stroller until they are a year old. :)

k_null81
01-24-2010, 01:57 PM
I have the Baby Jogger City Elite double and didn't even have infant seats so our boys went directly into the stroller with the seat completely reclined. Not sure if there is a difference between the recline in the classic and the elite though.

Dr C
01-24-2010, 02:15 PM
If the classic doesn't have full recline it's darn close (I've never actually taken a level to it). DD has been happy in hers since a few days after she came home from the hospital (as soon as I was up for a walk). Sometimes we don't even recline it all the way so she can see out better. We never bothered with the carseat adapter. She is MUCH happier in the BJCC than she is in her carseat--she likes to lie back and have room to kick her feet. I don't have a snuzzler but just put a folded fleece blanket under her (for padding/warmth) and tuck another one on top.

WatchingThemGrow
01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I have the Baby Jogger City Elite double and didn't even have infant seats so our boys went directly into the stroller with the seat completely reclined. Not sure if there is a difference between the recline in the classic and the elite though.

:yeahthat: Used the Snuzzler with the 8lb baby, but not with the 9lb baby in our BJCED.

taralynn819
01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Just don't go jogging with a baby in a stroller until they are a year old. :)

Just curious, is this strictly with the BJCC? My cousin's wife has a Bob Revolution and has jogged 10 miles/day with her baby since she was born last September. Is it maybe safer in a Bob than a BJCC? Or is the "no jogging till one year" just a safety recommendation for strollers across the board?

arivecchi
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Just curious, is this strictly with the BJCC? My cousin's wife has a Bob Revolution and has jogged 10 miles/day with her baby since she was born last September. Is it maybe safer in a Bob than a BJCC? Or is the "no jogging till one year" just a safety recommendation for strollers across the board? It's with any stroller. You should not jog with any baby until they are at least a year old and old enough to withstand the jostling of jogging. You can injure their necks and/or spine (akin to shaken baby syndrome).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=331001

strollerqueen
01-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Just curious, is this strictly with the BJCC? My cousin's wife has a Bob Revolution and has jogged 10 miles/day with her baby since she was born last September. Is it maybe safer in a Bob than a BJCC? Or is the "no jogging till one year" just a safety recommendation for strollers across the board?

BOB would never, ever recommend that, and would consider it extremely unsafe.