PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai LATCH Limit?

HIU8
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
DH got a new to him Hyundai (2008) elantra two weeks ago. It currently has no manual, so I was wondering if anyone here knows whether Hyundai has a LATCH limit or do they say to use the limit the carseat has for LATCH?

Joolsplus2
01-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Just go by the car seat's printed limit for Hyundais :) Congrats on the new car!

HIU8
01-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks. Glad to know I can LATCH to 48 lbs with the MA that DS is about out of--then I will be installing the GO with LATCH as well.

Joolsplus2
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Definitely the Go is fine with LATCH, because the top tether must be used (it spreads forces out to three points, and of course weighs close to nothing...the 'standard' is 65 pounds of kid plus seat held by only the two bottom anchors, and even higher in cars newer than 2005, so you're good). I just hope you still have growing room in that seat, I feel like mine is crazy tall for no reason and everyone else's seems shorter!)

HIU8
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
DS has less than a 1/4 inch in the MA and more in the GO (I think 1 to 1.25 inches). Not going to think about what's next after the GO for awhile yet. I'm gearing up to get a Frontier for my car to replace the MA. DS has been having an unusual growth spurt. He never has them this time of year. His have always been August to November where he does the major portion of his growing. In the last month he grew 1/2 inch and he is still doubling his normal food intake. I hope I make it to the next Britax sale.....