PDA

View Full Version : Which would you buy - Bumble Ride Flyer or USED Mutsy 4rider?

jenniegirlm
01-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Hi,

I've been a long-time lurker here and finally had to post because I am going crazy researching reversible strollers. I hope you can help me out. We have an Inglesina Zippy, which we love, but rarely used since I wore my baby a lot when he was younger. Our son, now 10 months old, prefers to face us when in a stroller (we tried out rear-facing strollers recently). I'd like to keep a budget of about $350-400 (that rules out Uppa Baby Vista 2010).

The top features that are most important for us are:

*Reversible seat - the only reason we're buying a new one
*Seat sits up STRAIGHT in reverse mode, since my boy likes to sit up. When we tried the Quinny Buzz 4 it leaned back in reverse mode, and he kept leaning forward.
*Larger seat - my son is at the 75th percentile for height and with him being 10 months I'd like to get more use out of it. He did like the Bugaboo Cameleon when we tried it and was really happy with it (of course, he liked the $900 stroller! LOL) except with the canopy on he looked like his head was going to hit it because of his height.
*Somewhat easy fold

I really like the Mutsy and found a used one on CL around our price range. Does anyone know if the Mutsy's fabric is machine-washable, just in case I get it used?

I like the Flyer next but I can't find one to test out in person. I'm worried about the steering on it wit the handles reversed. Are the 2009's better in steering?

Our 3rd option is the Maxi-Cosi Foray which i could get at BRU for around $350 less a 20% coupon. I like that it has a large seat and is cheaper, but that's about it. The handle seemed flimsy and it will only take a Maxi-Cosi carseat. Plus you have to take off the seat to fold it.

Thanks so much in advance. I'm looking to purchase this week so I could get the Mutsy before it gets snatched up or use my 20% coupon at BRU before it expires. ;)

jacksmoma
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
the mutsy would be fun and when it gets to be too much stroller and too big to lug around you can just pop it back on CL and get something smaller...