PDA

View Full Version : Birth announcements

jgenie
01-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm looking for birth announcements for DS2. Would love any recs people may have.

Also, I really like the style and layout we used for DS1. Would it be ok to use the same layout for DS2 or should he get a different layout just so it's different?

TIA

citymama
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the new arrival!!! :cheerleader1:

AnnieW625
01-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Congratulations!

I would use the same layout if you liked it. I'd use the same vendor too if you were happy.

I know they are popular but I have gotten announcements from Tiny Prints that others have sent us and while they are cute I think over all they are just kind of meh. Kind of the same with the non photo paper printed ones from Shutterfly. We got some Shutterfly non photo paper Xmas cards this year and I thought the printing wasn't all that great, and they are way more $$$ than the typical photo paper ones. I have ordered baby shower invites from PeekabooPumpkin.com, and was very happy with them.

For DD I bought a kit from Target (from Gartner Studios) and they worked out well. I spent months looking at card stores, and online for customs and I finally just said "screw it!" and went to Target and found photo announcement cards I liked. I just got the little photo printed at Costco and then affixed with photo tape. Also I thought the hand written touch made it look nice (but it was a little time consuming).

For #2 I am planning on making them so I have to get started with the basics here pretty quick. Stamping Up! has some great ideas that can be very complex or very easy. I am going the easy route:). I have the stamp set I want to use for the actual name/date, etc., so the first step is to see if I can pre stamp that on cardstock and then run it through my printer so it looks more professional than hand writing (although I don't mind that). Since we don't know the sex either I am going with a green card stock, with brown trim I think. Very simple and easy to complete before baby comes:)