PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit30 fabric issues?

sabby
01-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I am really wanting a Keyfit for my newest baby due in March. I previously had an Evenflo,which I don't like. I know the Keyfit gets great reviews but I keep happening on reviews that mention either the baby gets too hot and sweats or, worse, the baby breaks out in a rash of some kind from the fabric on the Keyfit. Does anyone have experience with this? If you have had these issues do you know if it is all the styles or only some?
Thanks for any help you can be...

Sabrina

bw52
01-25-2010, 04:40 PM
We have Chicco in romantic (color). I love it. We haven't had a prob with any rashes. I will say LO gets sweaty in it, but this is our first LO, so I'm not sure if that would happen with any car seat. I actually called the company before purchasing to see which fabrics would be the most breatheable (and thus the coolest), b/c I had heard about them being hot and I live in a VERY hot place. I'm very happy with our seat and would def. purchase the same one for future LO.

We've been using it for 6 months now.

sunshine873
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
We have Chicco in romantic (color). I love it. We haven't had a prob with any rashes. I will say LO gets sweaty in it, but this is our first LO, so I'm not sure if that would happen with any car seat. I actually called the company before purchasing to see which fabrics would be the most breatheable (and thus the coolest), b/c I had heard about them being hot and I live in a VERY hot place. I'm very happy with our seat and would def. purchase the same one for future LO.

We've been using it for 6 months now.

:yeahthat: Word for word except I e-mailed the company instead of calling them, and my DD is now a year old and still in her Keyfit 30. DD definitely does get warm, but she easily gets warm in any situation. Love our romantic Keyfit!