PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker Problem

mommy33
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone else have problems with this product? My 10.5 month old DD outgrew her bouncy seat and it was recommended to me to get this seat as a replacement for the bouncy seat. I just assembled it and today alone, DD pulled it over on top of her TWICE!!! She was reaching for something on the floor and it fell over on top of her. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

AJP
01-25-2010, 09:50 PM
No ideas other than to stop using it. I know, not very helpful...sorry.
We had these for our girls when they outgrew their bouncers too. I knew they could escape after a certain point(little magicians!) but I only used them on the floor for their bedtime bottle and I sat there the whole time. One of my girls toppled it over the same way! I was desperate to make it work as I was doing 100% of feedings on my own with 2 babies, but had to stop. We still have them, but only use them without the safety straps and only cause my girls are much older than your DC and they get in & out on their own.
Can you just stick to the highchair or pack & play to keep your DC safe? I WISH there was a way to still keep my 2 contained! Lol

Tondi G
01-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I would return it! It's not working in the way you wanted it to... unless you want to pack it up and keep it for when she is older and can climb in and out herself. I would use an exersaucer or pack n play if you need her to be contained.

zag95
01-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Do you have the kickstand out- or the bouncer in the Rocker mode? You may have to put it a way for a while- DD is now almost 2- and since she has been around 14-15 mos- she climbes into her special "chair" and rocks- and looks at books-

for under 1- I would have it out so DC can't topple themselves over.....

Hope this helps- I really love this product and have been using it since birth!